Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bosco-d-gama

Covid19 redux

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I don't remember reading that so I'll refrain from commenting further on this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Gotta wonder how many of you on this forum are actually taking this supposedly wonderful drug

[great stuff here but mixed media with political]

  Or are you really just taking your normal Flintstones gummies?  

Well I for one am not taking anything. Why would I take something for a virus I don't have and won't have? IF I ever do get it I will most certainly demand what my President Trump is safely taking. Now I just have to bet the Doctor he has is FAR more qualified than any you or I will ever see.  Why are you so dead set against something that has been proven by so many on the front lines fighting this? 

 

[Personal remarks removed]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

 

2 times he said that he was given it and one time he said pretty sure he was given it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Max2 said:

Im drinking more Milk, Spending more time in the Sunshine working my butt off and hoping this Rhetoric hangs around a good bit longer, even as inconvenient it is for some.  When this "Rhetoric" leaves, its going to be up to the "Anti Rhetoric" to bring a big stick to the fight to China and we all know how that will turn out.

BINGO! For all the armchair chloroquine experts here I gotta wonder how many of them are enacting changes in their own lifestyles to enhance their own covid19 survival? The wife and I just got back from the gym. We’ve not been able to workout formally for several months. But we did our home exercises, started biking when the weather allowed and we generally eat well and sleep well. We’re not too skinny and we’re not too heavy. We drink rarely and smoke nothing. 

 

So tell us what you’re doing for yourself before you ‘dump’ on what anyone else is doing for their own self. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

2 times he said that he was given it and one time he said pretty sure he was given it.

But the last time he mentioned it, he said he couldn't be sure.  So, I guess we have to take his word for it.  Maybe he can find out and update us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dave A said:

Why would I take something for a virus I don't have and won't have?

Ask your [removed political]

 

12 hours ago, Dave A said:

[Personal removed] so dead set against something that has been proven by so many on the front lines fighting this?

That's a lie [personal removed].  It hasn't been proven at all.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2020 at 1:51 PM, Rudy81 said:

 

Just to be clear on my experience.  I am pretty sure that I was given Hydroxychloroquine..

 

 

4 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

But the last time he mentioned it, he said he couldn't be sure.  So, I guess we have to take his word for it.  Maybe he can find out and update us.

This is his last mention of it.  I'll bet it's on his EOB.   LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I would certainly take it if infected.  The stats say that it does no harm and there's a possibility it can help.  Seems silly not to.

 

 

On another note, the widow of astronaut John Glenn died yesterday.  The cause of death was listed as Covid.  Of course she was also 100 years old.  Seems like there should be a column with an asterisk in it somewhere for these type cases.

 

 

Only 100 yrs. old huh? Must have been the virus, had to be. It's in the report.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

BINGO! For all the armchair chloroquine experts here I gotta wonder how many of them are enacting changes in their own lifestyles to enhance their own covid19 survival? The wife and I just got back from the gym. We’ve not been able to workout formally for several months. But we did our home exercises, started biking when the weather allowed and we generally eat well and sleep well. We’re not too skinny and we’re not too heavy. We drink rarely and smoke nothing. 

 

So tell us what you’re doing for yourself before you ‘dump’ on what anyone else is doing for their own self. 

There is truth to this. The most effected are overweight, diabetic, known heart problems among the elderly. These are generally things a better life style avoids and really this is something we all should be doing in any case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is goodrx a Fox affiliate?  From their web site.

 

Why are hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine being mentioned with COVID-19?

Recent in vitro studies (studies done in a petri dish or test tube rather than in animals or humans) have shown that both hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine have antiviral properties against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. In these studies, these medications worked by interfering with the chemical environment of human cell membranes. This blocked the virus from entering and multiplying inside the cells. A medication working in vitro does not always mean that it will work once inside a human body.

Nonetheless, based on these early findings, hospitals worldwide have begun using hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine for patients with COVID-19. On March 28, 2020, the FDA issued an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) that allows providers to request a supply of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine for hospitalized patients with COVID-19 who are unable to join a clinical trial. The EUA does not mean that the FDA has approved these medications for the treatment of COVID-19. The intent of the EUA is to help increase access to these medications by allowing doctors to request a supply from the Strategic National Stockpile for these specific cases.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dave A said:

There is truth to this. The most effected are overweight, diabetic, known heart problems among the elderly. These are generally things a better life style avoids and really this is something we all should be doing in any case.

Diabetic seems to be the worst hit from what I have read.  Diabetic usually comes along with the others as you age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goodrx at least gave me a good string to search on:

 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32373993/

 

Best line from the page:

 

"We found that COVID-19 infections are highly pandemic in countries where malaria is least pandemic and are least pandemic in nations where malaria is highly pandemic."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Deang said:

Goodrx at least gave me a good string to search on:

 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32373993/

 

Best line from the page:

 

"We found that COVID-19 infections are highly pandemic in countries where malaria is least pandemic and are least pandemic in nations where malaria is highly pandemic."

So where they take a quinine based drugs shows lower COVID incidence. Terrible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The virus seems to be doing just fine in hot and humid places, so I don't think that's it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How you artificially inflate numbers by exposing known at risk people to covid 1984. Why would any rational person do this when it has been known for some time who is really at . . . . .

[Link to political article on political site removed]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Deang said:

Goodrx at least gave me a good string to search on:

 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32373993/

 

Best line from the page:

 

"We found that COVID-19 infections are highly pandemic in countries where malaria is least pandemic and are least pandemic in nations where malaria is highly pandemic."

The whole paragraph from that page including your quote.

 

Results: For this study, we identified a total of 09 published articles: 03 clinical trials with sample size 150; 03 in vitro studies and 03 expert consensus reports. These studies were all suggestive that chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine can successfully treat COVID-19 infections. We found that COVID-19 infections are highly pandemic in countries where malaria is least pandemic and are least pandemic in nations where malaria is highly pandemic.

 

I think that the first 2 lines are more impressive than the 3'rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...