Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

• Moderators
5 hours ago, pzannucci said:

Keep on letting politics and money into the picture.

Never works on the former, how do you keep out the latter? 

Two major vaccines were donated to humanity, but have you every been to the Salk Institute in La Jolla? 

What he didn't get in profits he surely got in donations. 

Maybe some good news: Dr Marc Siegel says that front-line doctors in Pittsburgh and New York are reporting covid-19 is getting weaker/milder the last few weeks.  It's anecdotal, but if true, this would be the typical pattern of a virus over time.  There were zero covid-19 deaths in NY the last 24 hours.  Hopefully this holds.

Also, Dr Fauci wants kids to go back to school in the Fall.  If my kids are still home next Fall, I'm moving out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pbphoto said:

Maybe some good news: Dr Marc Siegel says that front-line doctors in Pittsburgh and New York are reporting covid-19 is getting weaker/milder the last few weeks.  It's anecdotal, but if true, this would be the typical pattern of a virus over time.  There were zero covid-19 deaths in NY the last 24 hours.  Hopefully this holds.

Also, Dr Fauci wants kids to go back to school in the Fall.  If my kids are still home next Fall, I'm moving out.

Posted on some anecdotal in a link regarding Italy and one or two saying the same thing about virus getting weaker. A page back or two.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

sadly , it also seems to point that this virus is mutating rapidly  , a vaccine will be seasonal , and more deadly coronaviruses are to be expected in the future ,  SARS and Covid19  are the beginning , and not the end -

15 minutes ago, RandyH said:

sadly , it also seems to point that this virus is mutating rapidly  , a vaccine will be seasonal , and more deadly coronaviruses are to be expected in the future ,  SARS and Covid19  are the beginning , and not the end -

I’m not as fatalistic as this. Humanity has always faced vermin and pathogens and we can be a resilient bunch. What we are witnessing is medical science stepping up to the task and our gov’t giving them the ability to muster their best efforts. I do appreciate your acknowledgment of human fragility and the perils we all face from outside influences. Use that to live a smarter life. Take good care of yourself and make healthy choices. There will be another Ebola, another AIDS and some new deadly critter and if nothing else humanity will go down fighting whatever threatens our existence.

15 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

I’m not as fatalistic as this. Humanity has always faced vermin and pathogens and we can be a resilient bunch. What we are witnessing is medical science stepping up to the task and our gov’t giving them the ability to muster their best efforts. I do appreciate your acknowledgment of human fragility and the perils we all face from outside influences. Use that to live a smarter life. Take good care of yourself and make healthy choices. There will be another Ebola, another AIDS and some new deadly critter and if nothing else humanity will go down fighting whatever threatens our existence.

So, in your opinion which seems an educated one, is the virus less likely to spread for the protesters/rioters/looters than it was for those wanting to open the country/economy a few weeks ago? Apparently 1000+ people in the medical field feels this way in the form of a signed letter and under no circumstances should any hot spots be blamed on any particular city where mass gathering were held for the last 7-10 days. So by affiliation is protesting a form of vaccine? 

46 minutes ago, richieb said:

So, in your opinion which seems an educated one, is the virus less likely to spread for the protesters/rioters/looters than it was for those wanting to open the country/economy a few weeks ago? Apparently 1000+ people in the medical field feels this way in the form of a signed letter and under no circumstances should any hot spots be blamed on any particular city where mass gathering were held for the last 7-10 days. So by affiliation is protesting a form of vaccine? 

Oh no..........   the folks gathering in the mass demonstration crowds are just as vulnerable, if not more so - to covid19. On the upside they’ve placed themselves in the role of ‘guinea pig’ for covid19. Think about it..........    if science WANTED hordes of people to participate in a high risk behavior scenario to study covid19 there would be righteous disapproval. Such a study would not ever pass a human research ethics committee. These souls have done this on their own and now we’ll get to observe how it all turns out. On the downsides there are no controls over these people. They do as they decide, go where they choose and damn the consequences. So we will learn some things about covid19 but there will also be unwanted ‘spill over’. Kids and seniors will likely get exposed and innocents not involved with their issues will suffer, some will die. But it is what it is and the worst of it all is the media that seems supportive of the continued activity. Sad times in deed and in fact.

• Like 2

If 1000+ medical professionals signed such a letter does it go to say 10, 20, 100 times as many would feel totally opposite

that this is indeed foolhardy, as much or more so as the open the country crowd. Three weeks ago those crowds were condemned by 

doctors/nurses saying they were seeding the vaccine and to look for another round of overrun hospitals. Amazing they don’t feel this about the tens of thousands gathering for nearly two week straight. Somethin’ just doesn’t pass the smell test here. But I do

smell something— . Hell, they may as well open all sports to spectators at this point. 

11 minutes ago, richieb said:

If 1000+ medical professionals signed such a letter does it go to say 10, 20, 100 times as many would feel totally opposite

that this is indeed foolhardy, as much or more so as the open the country crowd. Three weeks ago those crowds were condemned by 

doctors/nurses saying they were seeding the vaccine and to look for another round of overrun hospitals. Amazing they don’t feel this about the tens of thousands gathering for nearly two week straight. Somethin’ just doesn’t pass the smell test here. But I do

smell something— . Hell, they may as well open all sports to spectators at this point. 

There are many millions of healthcare professionals in America. So your answer is: “Only” 1,200 ‘supposed’ medical professionals signed this letter and the liberal media is highlighting it because it fits their narrative. And I’d wager than most of those ‘supposed’ professionals are not doctors or nurses. Stop believing the hype. You seem smart enough to know whose driving agendas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

There are many millions of healthcare professionals in America. So your answer is: “Only” 1,200 ‘supposed’ medical professionals signed this letter and the liberal media is highlighting it because it fits their narrative. And I’d wager than most of those ‘supposed’ professionals are not doctors or nurses. Stop believing the hype. You seem smart enough to know whose driving agendas.

Trust me, that hype is beyond believing and my posts were a tongue-in-cheek attempt to show that both the Covid and protests narrative is purely political at this point. This was my attempt to keep politics out of the Covid thread but the aforementioned “letter” makes that truly impossible. That’s it, on that — 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, richieb said:

Trust me, that hype is beyond believing and my posts were a tongue-in-cheek attempt to show that both the Covid and protests narrative is purely political at this point. This was my attempt to keep politics out of the Covid thread but the aforementioned “letter” makes that truly impossible. That’s it, on that — 

Agreed 10,000%

• dtel locked this topic