Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

5 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

Just noted that CNN updated their article half an hour ago stating that the county was forced to drop their exemption.  The link takes you to the updated article, not the original.  

Maynard

Well, CNN updated the article yet again this morning!  What is interesting to me is that the article is being rewritten each time and the prior article ceases to exist.  This is just like the activities of the Ministry of Truth in Orwell’s 1984.  So,  unless a person prints articles as they originally appear there is no way to look at what was actually said.  

Maynard

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

First, the number of new cases is stated as a quantity and not a percentage of the population.  Second, if it is true that we are testing more extensively, our numbers are going to be higher.

In other words, that graph really doesn't tell much of a story by itself.

And it’s a ‘rolling’ average without any depiction of standard deviations. It’s muddled and you’re correct - it does not convey much useful detailed information.

Y’know we can parse the data up any number of ways. The facts on the ground evidence themselves. We have more active cases. We have more hospitalizations. We have a resurgence that varies regionally. The disease remains serious in the short term and an unknown in the longer term. We’d all be better off w/o more of this disease and the steps to do that are not hard. Why we have this ‘duh’ factor amazes me. But for some $hit don’t stink unless it’s on their shoes.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

That describes me.  I just read that here, in the Katy area (a suburb of Houston), the infection rate is less than 0.1%.  That's almost negligible.

Jefferson county where I live the infection rate is .0675%  Death rate is .0125%.

If your neighbor is unemployed, it is a recession. If you are unemployed, it is a depression .  I feel like we have similar feelings here about the virus. If you have it or know someone with it, you probably feel differently. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Jefferson county where I live the infection rate is .0675%  Death rate is .0125%.

Good God we need to get that name changed, triggering people left and right. :mad:

But if you get pulled over.....

coronavirus-quarantine-covid-19-jokes-5455-5e8441e5cae46__700.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dtel said:

Good God we need to get that name changed

Thomas Jefferson?  

It was named by European-American settlers for U.S. president Thomas Jefferson.  You're right, lets get a confederate name on it to avoid triggering imbeciles.

• dtel locked this topic