Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

• Moderators
2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

and still no kind talk about me -- guess they aren't THAT desperate for conversation yet.

We did in PM's, but you did pretty good, you would have been proud.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, billybob said:

Virus not making a bunch of news coverage of late. Guess not as attractive as other things. Jaded but, it is still around... big-time.

Just had a 1 yr old die of Covid19 here in Hamilton County/Chattanooga. She was from a Hispanic family. Latinos/Hispanics make up 60% of the county positive tests.

The NHC facility has had more deaths here, with more positive case among the elderly.

• Sad 1

That's terrible.

Testing is confirming that most cases are 20-49 years old, and 2 in 5 are asymptomatic. The horse is out of the barn now, and without mitigation and enforcement, and some stop movement orders -- we could be in very serious trouble by the end of summer. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Deang said:

People really need to see this link. It shows the pace of covid19 deaths relative to other forms of death for the 1st part of this year. It is sobering.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

People really need to see this link. It shows the pace of covid19 deaths relative to other forms of death for the 1st part of this year. It is sobering.

For the longest time malaria and malnutrition were the leaders of the pack.  Both preventable.  Too bad that those two issues haven't received the attention that covid has.  Must be someone else's problem.

10 hours ago, Deang said:

That's terrible.

Testing is confirming that most cases are 20-49 years old, and 2 in 5 are asymptomatic. The horse is out of the barn now, and without mitigation and enforcement, and some stop movement orders -- we could be in very serious trouble by the end of summer. 

Hate to say you need to wear a mask but... everyone who can not stay a reasonable distance from others really must wear a mask.  I'm not sure that stay in place really matters.  It is mostly the folks that don't want to stop their respiration output to be impeded.  I firmly believe that will stop a significant portion of the transfer but there are too many fools that still continue to walk around in close proximity in the stores (not counting protests) without facial coverings.  I agree we'll eventually be exposed but lets get the world back in order and lower the infection rate numbers to less than the flu so we can all get on with life until there is a better mitigation.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

For the longest time malaria and malnutrition were the leaders of the pack.  Both preventable.  Too bad that those two issues haven't received the attention that covid has.  Must be someone else's problem.

Actually there are annual campaigns conducted to obtain mosquito netting for malaria impacted regions and there are new malaria drugs ready for application. Also some enterprising biochemist is attempting to make antiviral drugs from mosquito ‘spit’ acknowledging that mosquitoes do not actually suffer from the diseases they carry, they are just vectors. Mosquitoes are immune to these ailments.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

Hate to say you need to wear a mask but... everyone who can not stay a reasonable distance from others really must wear a mask.  I'm not sure that stay in place really matters.  It is mostly the folks that don't want to stop their respiration output to be impeded.  I firmly believe that will stop a significant portion of the transfer but there are too many fools that still continue to walk around in close proximity in the stores (not counting protests) without facial coverings.  I agree we'll eventually be exposed but lets get the world back in order and lower the infection rate numbers to less than the flu so we can all get on with life until there is a better mitigation.

Why do you “hate” to say that masks need to be worn? What is so awful and hard about wearing a mask? There’s an entire holiday where people wear masks for fun (Halloween) so why the angst about wearing them now? The answer is a behavioral ‘twirk ’. Too many souls are way overly sensitive to accepting the directions of others regardless of practicality, safety or common sense. Don’t begrudgingly accommodate the need to wear a mask. Champion the need. It is so insanely simple that everyone should relish participating in doing something that can truly make a huge difference in life....... whether they understand it, or agree with it.

Just now, Bosco-d-gama said:

Why do you “hate” to say that masks need to be worn? What is so awful and hard about wearing a mask? There’s an entire holiday where people wear masks for fun (Halloween) so why the angst about wearing them now? The answer is a behavioral ‘twirk ’. Too many souls are way overly sensitive to accepting the directions of others regardless of practicality, safety or common sense. Don’t begrudgingly accommodate the need to wear a mask. Champion the need. It is so insanely simple that everyone should relish participating in doing something that can truly make a huge difference in life....... whether they understand it, or agree with it.

Well don't want the flames coming out from the "anti-mask" folks but yes 100% agreement, that's seems to be the best mitigation technique we have that is very easily implemented.  I always say something "kind of" under my breath when I walk past someone without a mask in a Costco, Walmart, or other stores.  I think these folks believe they are making a point.  I just can't believe they are that ignorant, particularly when they are cruising through even with their early teens, probably trying to make a point... The point is until you try to slow this down again, you are just helping crush us again.

12 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

7 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

Well don't want the flames coming out from the "anti-mask" folks but yes 100% agreement, that's seems to be the best mitigation technique we have that is very easily implemented.  I always say something "kind of" under my breath when I walk past someone without a mask in a Costco, Walmart, or other stores.  I think these folks believe they are making a point.  I just can't believe they are that ignorant, particularly when they are cruising through even with their early teens, probably trying to make a point... The point is until you try to slow this down again, you are just helping crush us again.

Case in point:

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/lewis-county-sheriff-calls-residents-who-follow-gov-inslees-coronavirus-mask-requirement-sheep/

My kids are on the run again. We are doing the six feet thing in our house. I just told my son that if he adds one more person into his circle, I'm going to start making him wear a mask in the house. 

Even after months of this, people still can't grasp the simple concept of how they work. My mask protects you, your mask protects me -- unless of course you're not wearing one, in which case you're just ignorant and rude.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Deang said:

Since this is now available on the net, I can post it.

Note the date.

https://media.defense.gov/2020/Apr/05/2002275059/-1/-1/1/DOD-GUIDANCE-ON-THE-USE-OF-CLOTH-FACE-COVERINGS.PDF

Makes too much sense.  If you can stop even 50%, then we should.  Just be smart on when it is needed and when the mask is not.  We don't want more accidents because people aren't getting enough oxygen.

• Like 1

Per the above comment on masks in Costco, Walmart, etc. Costco’s around the KC are “no mask, no entry”. I thought that was company wide? (Well, other than Seattle where you are allowed to do any f— thing you want because that is your “right”).  KC and high population 5 county surrounding area are planning on a mask restriction to be passed today. If you’re out among people, stores, etc., a mask is required. Seems that’s the call in many of the new hot spots, of which there are - many.

• Like 2

• dtel locked this topic