Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

35 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

After everything allowed in this thread?  Maybe you didn't hear it, and certainly would never read it.  His denial is very strong and powerful.  I don't know why it would be them....

Hand me those notes so I can hide them...And the best part is how tough I have been on him.  It's not like that other guy, where they fell in love...

alright ... I'm lost.  talking about different things or I'm just slow.  that's okay though. 

20 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

We are all lost.

noodling around on the guitar earlier today and I found something that I liked ... some possibilities there. So, at least there's that. I'll leave the solving of the worlds problems to you guys. 

If you stay off of youtube and the idiots wearing lab jackets and stethoscopes, you're going to find that all of the immunologists are in general agreement about how this pathogen works and how to increase your chances of avoiding it.

Even the face covering thing is easy to understand, I just don't understand what the problem is. My mask protects you, your mask protects me. When I hear someone say that "masks don't work", I pretty much know they haven't read a single thing about it -- they are just regurgitating someone else's bullshit..

https://www.livescience.com/face-mask-visualization-droplets-covid-19.html

• Like 3

The voice of doom speaks again:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/30/dr-anthony-fauci-says-new-virus-in-china-has-traits-of-2009-h1n1-and-1918-pandemic-flu.html

As far as conspiracy theorists are concerned I, and many others,  remain convinced that the virus was lab created and released with intent.  However,  we all wear masks when in any kind of public setting both for our own protection as well as others.  No one, including those responsible for this situation,  is assured of not getting sick.

Maynard

I heard a truly numbskull explanation for the increase in positive covid19 tests yesterday. Ready? The reason for the huge increase in positive results is that “in the hospitals they test covid19 patients EVERY day and report each new positive result as a NEW case.” I was dumbstruck. So I asked the lady, “if you have cancer will they test you EVERY day for the same cancer?” “No”, she says. “That would be stupid because they already know you have cancer.” “Good answer”, said I. Still she did not understand. 

I’m thinking that as covid19 quickly spreads amongst the country that certain folks seek a collective form of ‘denial’. They accept the silliest explanations as long as they result in discounting the seriousness of the predicament. I do believe this is how some folks are psychologically coping with the stresses of this pandemic. Rather than adopt some simple measures to contain the disease they prefer to stick their heads in the sand and ‘la la la’ all is happy. If they actually wear a ‘mask’ they validate the disease insodoing and that is to admit that covid19 is ‘coming to town’ which is waaay too scary. Idiots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People keep talking about how the whole death and dying thing is ridiculous. I ask how they feel about high fevers and coughing incessantly for two weeks while sucking for air. People who get this with moderate symptoms say it's miserable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

Lady I work with has a sister who works in nursing in Memphis. She had it and was absolutely miserable. I am pretty sure Rudy would concur.

Right. Who wants even a little misery -- raise your hand!

2 hours ago, Deang said:

People keep talking about how the whole death and dying thing is ridiculous. I ask how they feel about high fevers and coughing incessantly for two weeks while sucking for air. People who get this with moderate symptoms say it's miserable.

People can not conceive of the horrors of suffocating to death. I ask people if as a child when playing in a lake or pool, if they were held underwater for too long by a ‘joking’ friend? The terror of not getting enough oxygen is extreme. It is horrific to watch as well. Serious asthmatics understand...... but that’s all. If you plug your nose and breathe in and out through a long straw after a while you’ll get the sensation of severe shortness of breath. Just don’t do this if you have any underlying ailments.

• Like 1

BTW - I base of the covid19 ugly ‘iceberg’ is the potential for long term consequences. It invades all the organ systems and does impact neural functions too. In 30 years those who survived their acute bout of covid19 could have many forms negative sequelae. Covid19 is brand spanking new to humanity. Our physiology has never dealt with it before and medicine is unsure exactly what all gets chewed up or how badly.  It should not be taken lightly by anybody.

• Like 1

And I think that although illustrative, a Poe

story on this breathing

thing is really unnecessary

for people to understand

the concept. We are adults

with the sense we have aquired

over the course of our life

experience. 

Hope not to have to learn

firsthand. Taking precautions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Serious asthmatics understand...... but that’s all. If you plug your nose and breathe in and out through a long straw after a while you’ll get the sensation of severe shortness of breath. Just don’t do this if you have any underlying ailments.

YES.  I used that exact analogy once. Doctor asked me to describe my breathing difficulty and I said I felt like my nose was plugged and I was breathing through a straw.  He liked that description. 

Many that haven't experienced it just don't understand how bad it feels ... worse yet, many that don't suffer from it, simply don't care -- it's somebody else's problem. The "It sucks to be you" attitude really ... sucks. 

What must really suck is a life so caught up in themselves that they can show no compassion for another human being. 

I'll spare you my choice words that I'd like to say to the governor that just spoke of the Mount Rushmore Fourth of July celebration in which she said they will give out free masks IF someone wants them; but there will be NO social distancing. 

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

What must really suck is a life so caught up in themselves that they can show no compassion for another human being. 

I'll spare you my choice words that I'd like to say to the governor that just spoke of the Mount Rushmore Fourth of July celebration in which she said they will give out free masks IF someone wants them; but there will be NO social distancing. 

Not true. I’ll be 750 miles away - give or take —

• Haha 1

I'll have to do my own fact checking on this when time permits.  If true, it exposes more reasons to be skeptical about the stated reasons for doing research into pathogens having the sole purpose of destroying life:

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2020/06/30/scientists-undisclosed-ties-to-foreign-institutions.aspx?cid_source=dnl&cid_medium=email&cid_content=art2HL&cid=20200630Z1&et_cid=DM580179&et_rid=905786312

Maynard

• dtel locked this topic