Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

3 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

This should not be a problem. For any of the samples to be valid they too must not be contaminated. The staff is trained in sterile procedures to get good samples and keep themselves, their work spaces and others free from cross contamination. The ‘sterile’ procedures are foundational, the same procedures used to establish and sustain sterile fields anywhere.

Are they changing gloves before taking each new sample? I sure hope so.

Just now, Deang said:

Are they changing gloves before taking each new sample? I sure hope so.

I didn't pay attention to that when we got our first test... but no one was in line when we arrived. We drove around to the stop point and they took some info and put a swab up into my brain 🤪 and we drove away. No one else arriving as we left, either.

2 minutes ago, Deang said:

When you're averaging 50K new cases per day, that is not the time to cram kids together. The Feds have collectively lost their minds. 

My kids are getting plenty of social interaction. They are hanging with their usual small circle of friends, which is what all kids usually do. No one "needs" the interaction of a hundred plus kids in the hallway. Our high school has 2000 students, I have no idea how they are going to pull this off.

Well I believe this might work on the local levels. There are many areas where covid19 is practically nonexistent and those communities should be able to open their schools with appropriate vigilance. We do know enough about covid19 that we could open some schools. But once community spread is evident.....  all bets are off. Of course to know this evidence we need earlier testing in some form. I like the idea of testing effluents for covid19.

8 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Of course I realize that. We home schooled, and my kids still had plenty of social interaction. Having been a product of public education, I don't give that much credit to the social interaction one gets in a public school setting. And that isn't the teacher's fault.

IMHO it is not the ‘type’ of social interaction but the ‘variety’ of social interactions that are better discovered earlier in life. Learning about perils, schemers and miscreants are quite necessary to improve ones chances in the real world.

Testing is only helpful if you act on the results you are seeing. Some states seem to think they can test their way out of this. Here in Ohio, we have free diagnostic testing on demand, but the only thing the results are showing is the obvious -- opening everything up increases community spread. Wow, what a revelation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

There are many areas where covid19 is practically nonexistent and those communities should be able to open their schools with appropriate vigilance...

True. A lot of the country can get away with this. Densely populated areas can not. It's a non-starter in our area unless they get very creative. 

21 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

The staff is trained in sterile procedures to get good samples and keep themselves, their work spaces and others free from cross contamination.

I dont go to mass meetings or mass testing sites , if I would want to be tested , my private physician can do it , and I am not concerned about the cost -

Good reliable antibody testing.

Saw in article that Quest has processed over 2 million as of the other day. And by good, a test with

some idea about quantity. At this point, more data is needed as to asymptomatic and those fully recovered with recurring symptoms. Still much to explore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandyH 000 said:

I dont go to mass meetings or mass testing sites , if I would want to be tested , my private physician can do it , and I am not concerned about the cost -

Your implication is that people are ‘massed’ together for covid19 testing. That’s not the case. But if you can get tested privately that’s certainly better, maybe......  as long as the doctors waiting room is empty. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, billybob said:

the Government of the USA should be paying people to take the test and not the other way around  , and in times when people are out of work -

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, RandyH 000 said:

the Government of the USA should be paying people to take the test and not the other way around  , and in times when people are out of work -

Maybe but, nice to have the service.

1 minute ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Your implication is that people are ‘massed’ together for covid19 testing. That’s not the case. But if you can get tested privately that’s certainly better, maybe......  as long as the doctors waiting room is empty. 

We are blessed to have a private family Physician , and he comes to our House or we go to his House , 

4 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

My cousins wife got it a few years ago in Denton area. Mid 20s, healthy, no health issues, she was in ICU for a month. 

Sad to hear this , I hope she's doing better  ----my niece got it , 2 years ago , she still  has not recovered 100% , she has pains that don't go away

15 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Oh it was a joke? That's a relief, I thought it made everything you posted suspect for a momwnt.

No that guy is a.first rate clown, he is more than qualified. Probably only thing he is qualified to do.

He has a very odd sense of timing on when to be clowning around. 

So, a DWILawyer is more qualified to give medical advice?

• dtel locked this topic