Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

do you credit the mask or just clean living? or maybe hidden antibodies from Carl's martinis?

Just clean Midwest living. First the body dies from Carl’s slushies, the virus soon thereafter - 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Max2 said:

Not trying to wash out the seriousness of the virus, but why double count someone if they test positive and then again 10-14 days later? It seems this is the way for many states and others are adopting it too.

Reference? There’s no medical need to retest someone with covid19 this frequently. If they feel the 1st test may have been errant then maybe. But it’s like being diagnosed with cancer and then getting rediagnosed in 2 weeks time.......   you stilll have the same cancer. No covid19 infection resolves in 10 to 14 days. No need to retest unless they’re in a research protocol. 

16 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Reference? There’s no medical need to retest someone with covid19 this frequently. If they feel the 1st test may have been errant then maybe. But it’s like being diagnosed with cancer and then getting rediagnosed in 2 weeks time.......   you stilll have the same cancer. No covid19 infection resolves in 10 to 14 days. No need to retest unless they’re in a research protocol. 

Well thats kind of why I was bringing it up. Who can trust any of the numbers we are seeing  with multiple counts on an individual?  Many states are doing this now and some are starting to. This process is also been noted in the U.K.  Why isnt anyone saying all the data is crap at this point no matter which way it swings? 

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/virginia-begin-double-counting-positive-coronavirus-cases

It will only get more in the crap zone when Washington controls the numbers, as earlier reported.  Failed fact checks---partly false.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/just-the-news/

The gist is that data is data, then it gets massaged.  The stated purpose of the article is actually the opposite of what you might expect from the different methodology.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Max2 said:

Well thats kind of why I was bringing it up. Who can trust any of the numbers we are seeing  with multiple counts on an individual?  Many states are doing this now and some are starting to. This process is also been noted in the U.K.  Why isnt anyone saying all the data is crap at this point no matter which way it swings? 

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/virginia-begin-double-counting-positive-coronavirus-cases

They are changing from counting each ‘unique’ test to counting each ‘unique’ test per day. There is not any policy of intentionally testing positive individuals more than once. If it happens to occur they MAY be counted twice......   or even more. But multiple tests are not routine nor expected to be routine. So the impact should be minimal. And no billing is associated with a 2nd test. They do not get another $35k (which would be fraud BTW).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

They do not get another $35k

As shown in a previous post, the 35K plus or minus only applies to medicare payments IF the patient goes onto a ventilator.  It is misinformation at best to spread that each positive test gains 35K----total nonsense.  If the patient is not a medicare participant, does that even apply?  Does anyone bother to ask pertinent questions anymore or do they just believe what "Q" tells them to believe?  And people rant about the current state of education, when they should wonder where theirs went...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

As shown in a previous post, the 35K plus or minus only applies to medicare payments IF the patient goes onto a ventilator.  It is misinformation at best to spread that each positive test gains 35K----total nonsense.  If the patient is not a medicare participant, does that even apply?  Does anyone bother to ask pertinent questions anymore or do they just believe what "Q" tells them to believe?  And people rant about the current state of education, when they should wonder where theirs went...

Do you feel better now?

1 minute ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

And people rant about the current state of education, when they should wonder where theirs went..

I was educated in the Los Angeles county unified school district, school had a barbed wire fence (to keep people out we were told) -- my education is top notch!

• Like 1

Just now, BigStewMan said:

I was educated in the Los Angeles county unified school district, school had a barbed wire fence (to keep people out we were told) -- my education is top notch!

And it shows, man.  A+, top gun intellect.

when I graduated high school, at the dress rehearsal, we all had to print our names on an index card and hand it to the speaker as we got on stage to be read as we got our diplomas (those that got one ... my was withheld until I reimbursed the school for alleged missing textbooks).  My entire row wrote Richard Milhous Nixon on our cards. I had nothing to do with that idea.

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

when I graduated high school, at the dress rehearsal, we all had to print our names on an index card and hand it to the speaker as we got on stage.  My entire row wrote Richard Milhous Nixon on our cards. I had nothing to do with that idea.

Aim high.

5 hours ago, billybob said:

Some people are just contrary to masks.

If you tell them not to wear a mask, you would have a hard time getting it from them.

Ask someone to wear one...

if 140k deaths is not enough to convince someone to wear a mask , 300k deaths maybe will

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

They are changing from counting each ‘unique’ test to counting each ‘unique’ test per day. There is not any policy of intentionally testing positive individuals more than once. If it happens to occur they MAY be counted twice......   or even more. But multiple tests are not routine nor expected to be routine. So the impact should be minimal. And no billing is associated with a 2nd test. They do not get another $35k (which would be fraud BTW).

• Like 1

• dtel locked this topic