Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

22 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

My special needs child is doing well; ‘course we pay for private sessions.

I know that not all of these kids are the same but I too raised a ‘special’ needs child. Like you we paid close attention to his every need and adjusted his goals as he progressed. Once old enough he figured out how best to learn. We fought the systems that told us to keep him back and compartmentalized. He found his niche in numbers. He is a college graduate, married and works as a city planner for a major metropolis. They’re a moving target on an individual pathway. IMHO all you can do is help them navigate towards the best solutions.

• Like 5

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

My special needs child is doing well; ‘course we pay for private sessions.

I heard 3 to 7 was super critical.

This was from studies on children who learned a second language, primarily in Japan which is one of the most difficult languages. If children are immersed in a second language from 4 to 7 they can be truly fluent in two languages. If you learn a language after 7 you will always speak one with a noticeable accent.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 7/17/2020 at 6:24 PM, BigStewMan said:

One of my friends says that God is protecting him and he is not concerned.

JJK

That didn't go well:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/virginia-pastor-dies-coronavirus

I believe another 10+ in his family ended up being positive.

His wife survived I think.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Been waiting all day for someone to mention 85 infants in just one county in Texas has the virus, and one has already died. 

The horse left the barn long ago on covid19 sickness so more misery and death is sadly commonplace and geographically disseminated. And still too, too many remain skeptical. Guessing they need to see wholesale covid19 dead a la Dachau before it sinks in. It is too easy to lay blame on leadership when in fact it is America that is failing itself. It is embarrassing.

• Haha 1

Okay here’s an idea. Folks who deem masks unnecessary can apply for a mask ‘waiver’ permit. Any excuse will be accepted. You will be sent a form to complete that will need to be notarized. There you will acknowledge that you’ve been properly advised about covid19 and it’s consequences and why masks are a critical part of trying to contain the spread of the virus. By choosing to ignore these warnings and to be allowed to not wear a mask you accept that you will forgo medical treatment for covid19. By extension your immediate family will also not receive treatment for covid19. Family data will be taken from the latest census. Once completed you will be given a laminated plastic badge with your picture and a lanyard. It’s to be worn everywhere you go and no one will deny you entrance. And the data base will be sold to the mortuary industry to raise funds for covid19. Oh, you also have to agree to institutionalized isolation if you should contract the disease (that supposedly does not exist). 

There. Now people can choose for themselves in complete confidence of their certain knowledge about infectious diseases. 

• dtel locked this topic