Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

• Moderators
1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

Never, but this place is more akin to talking with friends as opposed to my employer.

Oh, so Klipsch is cool with us shooting the breeze in here no matter how bigoted it might appear to rest of the world? It's just amongst us friends right?

You have friends who feel comfortable talking like that in a bar where they might be overheard? Oh wait, forgot,.you are down by Orange and Jasper. That hypothetical doesn't work down there. 

• Moderators
Just now, oldtimer said:
6 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Police turned the blind eye.

Welcome to Mississippi?

Just because they finally signed the papers to abolish slavery in 2013 don't mean everyone is raciest. Now 50-100 years ago would possibly be different.

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Welcome to Mississippi?

Yep, if he’s a relative, a US Grant* will do; in not a Jax (not the beer.)

Or, perhaps he had mercy, bc he couldn’t afford insurance, et C.

*US Grant Presidential Library is at Mississippi State University.

21 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

The post.was "some bro with no insurance hit me." The clear implication, intended or not,. s that african americans don't have insurance. That's why I asked for an explanation. 

Really? That's what you read into that? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

Yea, it's all my fault.

No one said it was All your fault, but you tend to sit on almost butt hurt, as others. 

Well I guess since this has nothing to do with covid anymore and all about being triggered over a common word, no need for this anymore.

Starting thread another and it staying in this direction will have the same fate.

• Thanks 2

• dtel locked this topic
  • Moderators

This was nothing to do with the original topic. 

It degraded to name meanings and accusations, don't blame me look at what it turned into. 

To the few that can not control themselves, your not going to have a the whole Lounge section gone because of your sensitives or political BS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

The bro was a white cracker, in this instance; you read way yonder to much into it, perhaps I should’ve used the Louisiana term of brah.

iIrc, he had an expired tag, too. Police turned the blind eye.

I do remember the truck was borrowed, too. Bet the owner was verjoyed.

It's why I asked for an explanation bro.

Unfortunately, your initial comments about people being easily offended leave you with a credibility gap.

Being offended has got nothing to do with it. I'm not offended, I could care less. It's public perception. All we ever look at is whether we are dealing with someone who doesn't have the sense to understand how things appear to the public. 

You can think anything you want, but what you say here cannot reflect poorly on Klipsch. 

That's why there is a rule, no politics, race, religion.

You might want to quit while you are ahead. I've bounced bigots out of here before, I didn't give it a second thought.

The last one raygun, he just left on his own when I deleated a post which had a link to a site which allowed hate speech. He was deeply offended he said, and said something about people were overly sensitive to hate speech. Nobody begged him to come back.

It's an audio forum bro, operated by a public company, try to avoid things that could be misinterpreted.

• Sad 1

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, dtel said:

Want to start a fight start with me.

I guess we should ban Roy he uses that word all; the time, even in the interview posted in another thread. 

Might have to call him and tell him he can't do that anymore, he's going to love that.

Bro dtel

He calls me bro all the time. He never says "I was dealing with a bro the other day."

There is never a question what he is referring to. Hey man, hey Dude,  Hey Bro have never and will never be an issue.

What we are dealing with here is "some Dude, some man, some bro" did this. They are night and day different. The greeting cannot be confused. The reference to a 3rd person can be.  The point is, can people understand that in some contexts the reference to a 3rd person can be misinterpreted, and because of that potential you sometimes have to be mindful of that in a public forum.

• Sad 1