Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

7 minutes ago, KlipschFish said:

And... It's seriously the only word in our language that would fit like a glove there. C'mon Justice, let's be fair.

Freudian slip...if the gloves fit.

He was reading it, lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, billybob said:

Freudian slip...if the gloves fit.

He was reading it, lol

I can't read sign language. Did the interpreter sign it too? 

15 minutes ago, KlipschFish said:

It's seriously the only word in our language that would fit like a glove there.

Google 'Grover drops f-bomb?'

Some hear it, some don't. 

• Like 2

Well neighbor back home from jailhouse. Brother thinks she was let out because of virus. She stabbed her roommate repeatedly in the back while he was fleeing.

Didn't know they would let out violent people. Did hear he dropped the charges recently.

Or maybe the 4 months incarceration with time served.

Guess we will find out...

21 minutes ago, Badger_Erich said:

Medical system?

If UK's age or comorbidity is equal or higher than the US, then you would imply more deaths.  If it is equal or less and UK still has more deaths than you could imply UK's medical system, hospitals, doctors, nurses, general standard of care, etc. are not up to the level of the US.  Just trying to draw a correlation. 

12 minutes ago, billybob said:

Well neighbor back home from jailhouse. Brother thinks she was let out because of virus. She stabbed her roommate repeatedly in the back while he was fleeing.

Didn't know they would let out violent people. Did hear he dropped the charges recently.

That is a big thing.  They aren't leveling with people on who they let out and that is why a lot of folks go to buy guns.  Not to go out hunting people but to protect themselves from the people that are being let out by the system that is supposed to be protecting us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was on my mind yesterday, but I never got it out, thinking of the 50th anniversary of the Kent State shootings. In '71, the following year I was touring with band mates in Ohio. That was a crazy time, too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

If UK's age or comorbidity is equal or higher than the US, then you would imply more deaths.  If it is equal or less and UK still has more deaths than you could imply UK's medical system, hospitals, doctors, nurses, general standard of care, etc. are not up to the level of the US.  Just trying to draw a correlation. 

What went wrong with UK's initial Covid-19 response?

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2020/05/03/uk-response-coronavirus-boris-johnson-nick-paton-walsh-pkg-vpx.cnn

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, billybob said:

and guess who's not invited for Dinner -

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, 000 said:

it should be the same ,   they reacted very slowly to the pandemic ,  they did not isolate people till a later date versus other countries , and the infection rate is now higher -----  their medical system is still one of the best in the world ----but the numbers are huge in comparison to the USA-Canada

Don’t lump the US and Canada together in this situation.  Yes, there’s a lot of cultural overlap between the two countries, but the government’s response to the pandemic and the number of infected people and the numbers of deaths in Canada versus the US are very different.

For just one thing, the PM’s wife got infected at a conference in London.  The PM self-isolated at his residence, and gives a press briefing every morning just in front of the residence.  He details the latest government efforts, and does his best to reassure the nation, including its children.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Skelt said:

Me? I don't go anywhere. 

I live in a very rural area and just filled my freezer a month ago. I don't go into stores much at all.  I buy groceries as they come out of the fields and meat from the livestock auctions.  

If you think that it's just YOU I was referring to, I'd have to say that's a very shallow perspective.

16 hours ago, 000 said:

https://img-prod.tgcom24.mediaset.it/images/2020/02/16/114720192-5eb8307f-017c-4075-a697-348628da0204.pdf

take this PDF and go to the last page , it shows the location of LAB no 1   ------------There are 2 labs ---------this is the lab closest to the wet market --------this is not a BSL-4 facility and this was what was suggested by the Chinese scientists  as a possible source of the outbreak -----since it is not a BSL-4 facility -------and  it is inconceivable that this lab was doing bat  testing of that magnitude so close to a food source -   280 meters

* Corresponding author: xiaob@scut.edu.cn Tel / Fax: 86-20-3938-0631

You are simply repeating what I already said in response to your initial post about this. Is there an argument here somewhere?

The lab closest to the market is BSL-2, and wouldn't be doing any SARs related research. If the Chinese are tossing this one out there as a possibility, then they are lying about that too.

5 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

Allowing food processing plants to shut down completely is analogous to allowing the NYPD or the military to shut down.  If you think deaths from the virus are high, wait until there is no food in the stores and rioting and looting takes place across country.  I would take my chances with the virus over that anytime.

Maynard

Stock up on beans and corn. When you eat them together, you get a complete "protein" - same as meat.  

• dtel locked this topic