Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bosco-d-gama

Covid19 redux

Recommended Posts

White House Military aid tests positive for coronavirus. Hoax?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Deang said:

I'm no friend of this administration, but they need to get senior leadership out of that building.

I am sure the Prez has a non-military private spot laid out, but the senior staff may not. Time for them to start shopping around for a new hangout?

https://www.history.com/news/inside-the-governments-top-secret-doomsday-hideouts

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 314carpenter said:

And most areas in the U.S. that fit that description do not have the medical infrastructure to deal with even a small outbreak. Pandemic? Forget about it. They probably have like 1 or 2 ventilators. A relatively short supply of ppe. No supply of specialty drugs. Training? Not the best of the best in most of those places. Sure a few stay behind, but most bright young talent is sucked away by the lure of money and city life. So what happens to places like this when a pandemic hits hard and deep. Do the non-believers then run to their bunkers when their neighbors get it? What happens to the neighbors? Can you guarantee your neighbor does not go to the "big city" during the "grand reopening" and bring a present back with them to "hometown".

 

We will see how it goes either way. We still have 18-24 months to go where we all get our chance at "immunity". Wait... actually that is when the cities will have immunity, and is when "small town" gets their turn. At least you have time to build a better bunker. 

They’ll transfer the sickest souls to regional care centers more equipped and adept for covid19 care. And even rural hospitals have ventilators. It’s the staffing and their experience at dealing with critical care that’s worrisome.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

They’ll transfer the sickest souls to regional care centers more equipped and adept for covid19 care. And even rural hospitals have ventilators. It’s the staffing and their experience at dealing with critical care that’s worrisome.

Rare look at stockpile handouts shows which states got ventilators, masks amid coronavirus.

 

I really recommend all of you take a look. Your state is in there too.

 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2020/04/10/rare-look-stockpile-shows-which-states-got-supplies-amid-covid/5126900002/

 

link to the data only portion

 

https://infogram.com/national-stockpile-equipment-distribution-1h7j4dpnd37d4nr

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Pulse oximeters are the sloppiest measure of oxygen status. Proper interpretation of the saturation % requires a good understanding of oxygen transport. I call them the ‘idiot light’ for oxygen status. You can rely on them too much and get bit or you can become insane watching the values fluctuate with daily activities. Did you know that some of the wrist ‘fit bit’ devices actually have pulse oximeter functions built it? These are functions not yet activated due to regulations but the hardware is already installed and ready to use.

 

They are useful for covid19 only because of what I mentioned earlier. People are becoming hypoxic without the typical symptoms for pneumonia. Most of the time people are well aware that their lungs are ‘sick’ long before they desaturate that much and they seek care. Not so with covid19. 

 

 

 

Exactly...."Not so with Covid 19"

 

If you are continually reading below 92% resting, you should see a physician if you are asymptomatic and have no known underlying diagnosis.

 

Roger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And now there's this:

 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/07/health/coronavirus-semen-china-health/index.html

 

It's already known that some viruses can reside in testes and possibly alter DNA:

 

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/09/human-semen-can-host-27-different-viruses

 

The implications for kids conceived during this time may be frightening.....

 

 

Maynard

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 314carpenter said:

Rare look at stockpile handouts shows which states got ventilators, masks amid coronavirus.

 

I really recommend all of you take a look. Your state is in there too.

 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2020/04/10/rare-look-stockpile-shows-which-states-got-supplies-amid-covid/5126900002/

 

link to the data only portion

 

https://infogram.com/national-stockpile-equipment-distribution-1h7j4dpnd37d4nr

 

Believe it or not all acute care hospitals already own a stock of ventilators so they’re not devoid of being able to offer ventilator care. That they did not get any additional ventilators from the feds is a moot point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KlipschFish said:

Pence staffer now tests positive for Covid 19. What goes around... keeps going  around.


Katie Miller - Stephen Miller’s wife

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KlipschFish said:

Pence staffer now tests positive for Covid 19. What goes around... keeps going  around.

YEAH , BUT HE'S WEARING A MASK -----AND EYE PROTECTION - THE WORKS ------HE'S SAFE MW-IG114_pence__20200507185040_ZQ.jpg?uu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

 

 

 

Exactly...."Not so with Covid 19"

 

If you are continually reading below 92% resting, you should see a physician if you are asymptomatic and have no known underlying diagnosis.

 

Roger

Well maybe. You’d be surprised how many people have a normal oxygen saturation of 92%.  If it were me I’d say if you keep a resting saturation of 92% and it drops with an easy walk down the hallway or a short stair climb and takes a long time to recover then you should investigate. Of course if you’ve been exposed to covid19 and you are 23 years old have been in otherwise excellent health then 96% at rest that drops with exertion should raise a red flag.

 

That’s the deal with O2 sats. They do reflect lung function but you gotta know lung function and how to challenge lung function to use the data therapeutically or diagnostically. I can use a PO and tell you if you are cardiac limited or pulmonary limited with desaturation. Lots of people can overload our systems with unnecessary visits using these things. On the other hand you could still miss the early events if you interpret the data errantly. They are simple to use but not simple to interpret correctly. And we have not even talked about what smog and smoking does to the data, or anemia........ the list goes on-n-on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone watching the covid19 cases exploding in Russia? It could be very ugly there soon. And from what they report it looks like they’ve got honesty problems as well. They’re approaching 200K positives but show less than 2K dead. I don’t think so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Anyone watching the covid19 cases exploding in Russia? It could be very ugly there soon. And from what they report it looks like they’ve got honesty problems as well. They’re approaching 200K positives but show less than 2K dead. I don’t think so.

Are they testing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Deang said:

Are they testing?

They report ‘positive’ results which I presume would be the result of testing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol. I'm such a goof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

And now there's this:

 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/07/health/coronavirus-semen-china-health/index.html

 

It's already known that some viruses can reside in testes and possibly alter DNA:

 

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/09/human-semen-can-host-27-different-viruses

 

The implications for kids conceived during this time may be frightening.....

 

 

Maynard

 

Man it just keeps going and going and going.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Anyone watching the covid19 cases exploding in Russia? It could be very ugly there soon. And from what they report it looks like they’ve got honesty problems as well. They’re approaching 200K positives but show less than 2K dead. I don’t think so.

And 3 doctors that were critical of the handling have mysteriously fallen out of windows .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...