Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

I haven't read all the responses yet but that's the Aral Sea, a gigantic fresh water lake.  It dried up.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/10/141001-aral-sea-shrinking-drought-water-environment/

Interesting article but the photo foreground vegetation looks like the Sonoran Desert - the only place in the world where Saguaros grow.  The ship, background, and clouds shout Photoshop.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Could be. 

The 4th largest lake on Earth, gone. 

unreal ----I live on Lake Champlain   , it  hasnt flooded yet , but we got close to 30 feet one time ---the sump pump ran all day

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Raygun said:

Lastly, nothing I posted goes against forum moderation. I would like this escalated to a superior. 

I'm a volunteer, as are all moderators. I added you to a message with Chad the Forum Administrator and Roy, a moderator who is an employee, you can make your case there.

I can't tell you whether I agree or disagree with the video, I didn't watch it, the issue was the platform you linked it to, which allow videos that are clearly against the TOS, including hate speech. 

It has been a tactic of some who have been members to link to clickbait sites or far, far, really far left and right platforms. It's a big red flag. 

But you can lay it all out for Chad and Roy why it is so important to have a link to that video, on that platform.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

This was a great television show that went off the air years ago. They made this new skit though. we're all Monk now.

I loved it. Nice job.

JJK

• Like 3

Way too many Americans are skeptical about the severity of the covid19 situation. It is viscerally impossible to envision 81,000 dead people while in reality only healthcare and mortuary workers have seen any of the many covid19 victims. The most the rest of have seen of the dead are the occasional body bag being rolled out of a hospital and stacked coffins. For the most part Americans are fed statistics and charts with daily death count updates and their cringing headlines and stories. For some of us this is more than adequate to accept the seriousness and reality of covid19. For others the death numbers are considered conspiratorial bunk, a mere ruse brought upon them as some tool used to limit their inalienable rights. And for some without visual proof of the misery covid19 brings it is not worth taking any inconvenient measures to control it.

America hides its sick and the dead. We also generally hide the grieving. We remove the motivational ‘wind’ from the pandemic sail. We yell pandemic like fire in a crowded theater then hide the smoke and the flames then wonder why there’s no panic. So the question is: Would you be more concerned, more motivated, more intense about this covid19 if you saw the dead? 

I’ve seen people die from infectious disease. So having been there and done that, it does not take much to drive panic into me. Here’s an interesting article from Al Jazeera on this very subject.

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/western-media-shows-death-africa-200508111724194.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some say seeing is believing.

Some see and do not believe.

And then some are doubters

by trade or inclination.

If the projected numbers die by 

August, it will be nearly double

who have already died.

• dtel locked this topic