Front mounting the Klipschorn K400 horn?

JDJohnson

57 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

But really, the tweeter and mid are so close to being in time as to be indiscernible to the ear, unlike the mid and bass cabinets.

Roger

Don't listen to something that has quick transients, like clapping.  I hated that my k-horns on certain live DVDs in spite of a lot of other things they did right.  You do find that the timing considerations affect some folks and not others so may be my issue though PWK bought up similar concerns.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Marvel said:

I front mounted my k400 horns on my la scalas.

I will rout a piece for the front that will make them look flush.

-Hi Bruce , what result did you achieve by Front mounting the k400 -

and 2)-did you front mount the  K77 tweeter as well -or are you using a different setup with your APT 150

• Like 1

Randy,

I have my tweeters on a baffle on top of the cabinets so I can move them to adjust. I also used them on my previous pair of LS, which were some beautiful '89 models. I can't tell the difference with the mids mounted from the front, but the tweeter/mid alignment was very noticeable.

Bruce

LS_cab.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know why Klipsch rear mounts the mid horns in the Klipschorns and not mount them on front? 

To me it seems it could be optimal to have them front/ flush mounted like the tweeters are.

Are there benefits to rear mounting them?

Are there reasons why Klipsch doesn’t mount them on the front?

On 4/28/2020 at 12:58 PM, Marvel said:

Randy,

I have my tweeters on a baffle on top of the cabinets so I can move them to adjust. I also used them on my previous pair of LS, which were some beautiful '89 models. I can't tell the difference with the mids mounted from the front, but the tweeter/mid alignment was very noticeable.

Bruce

LS_cab.jpg

I see the tweeters now -------