YouTube Spinning

Full Range

3 hours ago, sputnik said:

Sometimes, you get lucky and find gems like this.

If you liked that, you should really like this.  The music is from Scheherazade, the pit ensemble and battery (snares which are marching) were the best in the world that year.  There's some nice 4-mallet work there.

This is not a random video, I love drum corps and they canceled it this year due to the pandemic.  This is my passion every summer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Full Range said:

I love that video 👌

Also love this album based on Scheherazade by Renaissance 

Glad you liked the vid.  It's not everyone's cup of tea but I love it.

Back in college in the early 70's I had ALL the Renaissance albums.  I had to order them from record stores (remember record stores?) because they were not normally a stock itiem.It was considered progressive rock in the same vein as YES.

Annie Haslam is the best female vocalist from that era you never heard of.

• Like 1

The tuning on the Chapman Stick is interesting. The bass strings are in the middle. It's all done with hammer ons and not plucking. I would love to learn, but I have enough trouble with my six string and lap steel. 🤪

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

The tuning on the Chapman Stick is interesting. The bass strings are in the middle. It's all done with hammer ons and not plucking. I would love to learn, but I have enough trouble with my six string and lap steel. 🤪

I thought you might this Bruce.

• Like 3

Over 28 years, my wife has taught kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade.  She is retiring this year and, with schools shut down, she’s been reaching out through remote teaching but won’t get to see the kids from her last class again.  Her classroom was decontaminated and is more or less empty now.  This is one of the songs she would play and sing on the first day of school.  You’ll recognize it if you’ve seen Napoleon Dynamite. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, MicroMara said:

@BigStewMan I think it's a tough and hard way for a lot of artists to become superstars later on. A consistent belief in themselves and what they do is a requirement for their success.

Freddie Mercury said that an artist has to have a certain level of arrogance, they have to believe that their music will get through. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sputnik said:

I thought you might this Bruce.

MK is an incredible guitarist. I watched this over lunch... really nice.  Thanks for sharing it.

• Like 1