YouTube Spinning

Full Range

On 4/29/2020 at 7:29 PM, Full Range said:

Starting a new thread for music lovers that like to listen and sample music on YouTube 

As it’s very simple to link a video of Artists and Songs you enjoy  - members that also view ones link may have no idea as to “Why” 

So this thread has - One simple rule 

Rule is - post why you like or enjoy this title 

It may hold some significance 

I thought it would be good to repost the rules from the OP.  While I rarely shy away from breaking rules, I think stating the personal significance of our selections was a great idea.  I would sure like to hear why someone is choosing to share a particular video no matter how trite the reason.

Here’s one I love.  It was used for the end titles for the movie “Idiocracy” and I remembered hearing it many years ago.  It was easy to track down in youtube and it’s a great feel good tune to kick off a weekend.  I like the way Jimmy Dean says nine but only holds up five fingers.  Also, I like how Buck Owens seems to lose the tune around 1:15 and Don Rich carries it.

• Like 2

I don’t play covers. I argue with a musician friend of mine that says by playing covers you learn. While i think he is right, i can’t get past the fact that i’m copying -- and copycat-ism has always been a turn off for me, not just musically; but in stories, protests, or whatever.  However, for some reason, i enjoy listening to covers. Ran across this on You Tube -- spoiler alert ... this really isn’t the Beatles. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I don’t play covers. I argue with a musician friend of mine that says by playing covers you learn. While i think he is right, i can’t get past the fact that i’m copying -- and copycat-ism has always been a turn off for me, not just musically; but in stories, protests, or whatever.  However, for some reason, i enjoy listening to covers. Ran across this on You Tube -- spoiler alert ... this really isn’t the Beatles. 

Very nice except for the very high solo guitar notes that seemed a bit off.

JJK

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Okay, here’s another one ... i’ve had the blessing of meeting my three favorite musicians (Brian May of Queen; Steve Howe of YES, and Rick Wakeman of YES). 

Here is one of Rick Wakeman --

That was unbelievable.  I had to watch it a couple more times.  So cool have the chance to meet your favorites.  I got to hang out with Rita Coolidge last fall after a concert.

image.jpeg

Since I bear a striking resemblance to James Bond..............

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, billybob said:

She and Stills used to hang.

Suite Judy Blue Eyes

That guy ran with Rita too.  Damn him.

Here’s the same song with Stills backing up Judy.  I like the studio version better but the banter is worth watching.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, sputnik said:

That was unbelievable.  I had to watch it a couple more times.  So cool have the chance to meet your favorites.  I got to hang out with Rita Coolidge last fall after a concert.

image.jpeg

what a pretty Lady ------

12 hours ago, sputnik said:

Sweet ... glad you had that opportunity and took it. 

I got a photo of me & Brian May taken at a 3D Photography show (he’s a big 3D photographer and took photos ALL the time while touring with Queen -- and the photos are so cool to look at). I have never asked for one -- i will take one if happens without me having to ask; so I had the chance to take one with Brian and couldn’t turn it down.(Unlike the time that i met the actress Rhona Mitra, who is not only BREATHTAKING, but has that cool British accent. I have a phone on my camera, but like i said, i never ask. She did stop and chat for bit and to this day, i regret not going fanboy for a minute and taking a photo for a nice memory).

Brian is a very nice guy. We’ve met a few times and i’ve got to talk to him one-on-one which was enjoyable. It was super cool because i saw him later and walked up and said, “Brian,” and he looked up and said “Steve.”  I nearly stopped dead in my tracks realizing “he remembered my name.”  Talked about a certain guitar that i was having trouble finding and he told me to email him (he lives in London and we were in Los Angeles at the time) and he’d help me out -- AND HE DID. When i got around to it a month or so later, I emailed. He replied to my email saying that his guitar tech would hook me up with this guitar shop in London who had the guitar. That same day, i get an email from the guy that runs the place confirming that he had the guitar that i was looking for. So, now that guitar is special to me because of the story and Brian’s personal involvement helping me get it. 

A couple years later, I attended a short Queen show that was before they kicked off their North American tour. A guy i know was on the invite list and couldn’t make it, so i went in his place. Got to meet and talk to Pete (Brian’s guitar tech) and thank him for his help.  He remembered doing it ... or at least acted like he remembered, which either was nice.

Haven’t been to a concert in a couple of years now. Guess it will be a while before i get to one.   

• Like 1

On 5/10/2020 at 8:15 PM, BigStewMan said:

Sweet ... glad you had that opportunity and took it.  I got a photo of me & Brian May taken at a 3D Photography show (he’s a big 3D photographer and took photos ALL the time while touring with Queen -- and the photos are so cool to look at). I have never asked for one -- i will take one if happens without me having to ask; so I had the chance to take one with Brian and couldn’t turn it down.(Unlike the time that i met the actress Rhona Mitra, who is not only BREATHTAKING, but has that cool British accent. I have a phone on my camera, but like i said, i never ask. She did sto...

Haven’t been to a concert in a couple of years now. Guess it will be a while before i get to one.   

I wanted to 'like' your great parts and 'sad' the others at the same time. I miss live music very much and I feel like I may have to stay away for a bit longer.

• Thanks 2