YouTube Spinning

Full Range

Man you guys had me giving the Polks so much of a workout, I looked up at them removed a shelf and moved them close to my sitting level at the desk!

Killer "One Way Out" Dave, & George the War that has been posted here lately (that I've caught) has been good stuff too surprisingly good video for back then!

PXL-20201202-211338278.jpg

My great little deal at amazon Class D hooked to a decoder then the Realtek chip on my motherboard!

PXL-20201202-211307580.jpg

Those little Polks that actually matched the sound (not the punch or spatially) of my old Heresy IIs lowered from the tops of the bookcases.

Rockin' Out Here!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Dave, & George the War that has been posted here lately (that I've caught) has been good stuff too surprisingly good video for back then!

Eric Burdon &  War Band.....these are jam sessions are at their best, this sound really takes me along on their musical trips

• Thanks 1

Just now, JohnJ said:

Me To Man!

Peace brother.

the original pressing from him and the band are quite rare in germany, if you see some ...many many $$$$$$$, but I´m working on that, new lp collection challange , has passed me totaly in whole of my life, great to discover new old music.......

• Like 2

Just now, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I have enjoyed several pair of Polk. I found that they match with some Klipsch nicely. 

Had heard some bigger towers back in the day that looked like JBL's.

These 220SBX's? actually make lower bass than my H2s did!

Fortifying them in the cabinets sounds different than on top too.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

actually make lower bass than my H2s did!

That's not saying a lot. :P

I had some Monitor 4 that did fine. The Monitor 5 I have do a lot better. The highs are super high and the bass is deep and tight. I have some monitor 7, but haven't heard them yet.. bought them on their reputation. I have had the SDA 2, loved how they sounded and staged as well as any that I have had. The largest I has were the SDA SRS, wish that I would have kept them, then again, I can say that about a lot of equipment that I have had. 

20151113_141006.thumb.jpg.bff0ef005e3c30af8176599bcc8ff9f7.jpg

• Thanks 2

On 12/1/2020 at 9:23 AM, MicroMara said:

I saw War a few years ago, and Cheech and Chong were the opening act.  I was surprised and disappointed that C&C just did their stuff from the Seventies, like "Dave's Not Here", and so on.  I was hoping that they'd have at least a few new routines, but no such luck.  Mrs. Chong, Tommy's wife, did some jokes herself, which were surprisingly filthy.  Shelby Chong is a babe, though, and Tommy, who married her in 1975, is a lucky guy.

That's just some rambling.  To get to the point, War were in great shape, and I was pleasantly surprised to hear song after song that I was familiar with.  I hadn't realized that they had so many hits.  The audience loved them, and so did I.  Everyone sang along with the band on several songs, and one audience member was singing loudly and well, so the bandleader gave him the mic for The Cisco Kid, and he did a decent job.  War made it a great evening!

Actually, that wasn't the point either.  The point is that I recently bought WAR THE HITS, and it's really good.  It has 12 songs, and only one with Eric Burdon, Spill The Wine.  More songs, with and without Mr. Burdon, could have been added, without diluting the quality, but good songs were chosen, and the CD has been in my player for a month.

Its looks like this:

s-l640.jpg

• Like 3