YouTube Spinning

Full Range

Wow!  Band-Maid are coming on strong!  Each video seems to show more skill and energy than the last one.  I liked that tune, Onset, partly because there were no vocals, my least favourite part of their songs.  Their new song, Different, shows them at a really high energy level that must be hard to maintain for a whole show. 

Here's the official video for Different:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Islander  thanx for above info.

Producer Jerry Goldstein brought the mainly live band together with singer Eric Burdon, who had just left the second incarnation of his Animals. Burdon changed the name of the group to "War". In 1970 the album Eric Burdon Declare's "War" was released, which was successful, as was the hit single Spill the Wine (number 3 in the US Billboard Charts). The double album The Black-Man's Burdon followed. Eric Burdon & WAR were the last musicians to jam with Jimi Hendrix before Hendrix died on September 18, 1970. The performance took place the night before Jimi Hendrix died - at Ron Scott's Music Club in London. The concert is documented as an audio recording on YouTube .

In 1971 Burdon left the group during a European tour, allegedly because of exhaustion. The first LP War, recorded without Burdon, was only a mediocre success, but the next album All Day Music finally brought the group on the road to success in 1971. The title song and Slippin' into Darkness were both decoupled and reached the Top 40 in the USA.The album The World Is a Ghetto, released at the end of 1972, was the most successful album of 1973 in the U.S. The first release of the same name also made it into the top ten, and The Cisco Kid made it to number 2 in the U.S. Hot 100.

I had a very intense time with the band yesterday and listened to almost all albums with Eric Burdon on YouTube.  I´m goibg to order the following albums ....

image.jpeg.9cee0299a729821214dc9079e4314dd2.jpeg  image.jpeg.bb8d919e91492a49b5c1d2442a352a9b.jpeg      Love Is All Around — Eric Burdon & WAR | Last.fm

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Dang it's twenty until 7am here, glad I had a cup in me before I logged in. Good riffs!

Band Maid made me crank it again, ya think they were exposed in utero and beyond to Yngwie, early Def Leppard and Iron Maiden?

Had a couple friends that got those music rags and apparently the heavy metal gods of the 70s loved touring the big metros in Japan back then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

According to Wikipedia: No.

"Kobato loved Japanese enka music when she was a child, and Tokyo Jihen led her to rock.[52] She attended a vocal school around 2012, but started playing guitar with the formation of Band-Maid the following year.[53] Atsumi started singing when she was 14 and Band-Maid is her first band. Tōno is a big fan of Carlos Santana, has played classical piano since she was a child, and began playing guitar when she joined her high school band club. Hirose is a fan of Deep Purple and Maximum the Hormone, particularly the latter's female drummer Nao Kawakita, and also played trombone and piano. Misa likes Paz Lenchantin,[52] The Smashing Pumpkins and Jimi Hendrix; she started playing piano at around 3 or 4 years of age, and also played trumpet, alto horn, and guitar."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Here's something a bit different.  It's from a 1977 CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) interview of David Bowie by Flo & Eddie of The Turtles, The Mothers of Invention, and more.  Bowie talks about his creative process.  It's only 11 minutes long.  One comment made me laugh:  "A chap from the 21st Century interviewed by a pair of chaps from the 1960s..."

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AndreG. said:

According to Wikipedia: No.

"Kobato loved Japanese enka music when she was a child, and Tokyo Jihen led her to rock.[52] She attended a vocal school around 2012, but started playing guitar with the formation of Band-Maid the following year.[53] Atsumi started singing when she was 14 and Band-Maid is her first band. Tōno is a big fan of Carlos Santana, has played classical piano since she was a child, and began playing guitar when she joined her high school band club. Hirose is a fan of Deep Purple and Maximum the Hormone, particularly the latter's female drummer Nao Kawakita, and also played trombone and piano. Misa likes Paz Lenchantin,[52] The Smashing Pumpkins and Jimi Hendrix; she started playing piano at around 3 or 4 years of age, and also played trumpet, alto horn, and guitar."

Tokyo Jihen is sort of Sheena Ringo's band.  In some ways, Sheena Ringo is like a female Japanese David Bowie, with very distinctive personality and appearance changes.

• Like 3