YouTube Spinning

Full Range

10 minutes ago, richieb said:

Didn’t realize we had a YouTube thread. Anyone watch Sunday Lunch with Robert Fripp of King Crimson fame and his wife Toyah? Can be very entertaining - in a King Crimson kinda’ way -  

I am subscribed to that channel - Robert and his wife get into some mischief in a funny sort of way 

and also subscribed to the King Crimson channel where just about all the albums / songs are uploaded 

16 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

The lowest center of gravity had the VW Karman Giha Models. They were built in the early 1960´s

Diamond Silver Restored karmann ghia convertible by VOLUPS on DeviantArt

I have driven a few of the Karman Ghia’s, they were nice to drive 

Had a lot of fun in the Alfa Sud TI 

That thing could get up to 200 km per hour and it was only a 1200cc engine 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I still like to brag that my first concert was Jimi Hendrix at KC Municipal Auditorium. I was 15, dad drove me and a couple friends to the show. Five bucks. Held off buying tickets to what was to have been my first concert - Quicksilver Messenger Service. 

• Like 4

My first concert was YESS.   Jon Anderson, Rick Wakeman, Steve Howe, Chris Squire, and Alan White were the line up.  Show was in Long Beach, CA. The show was "in the Round" they used a circular spinning stage.  YEARS later I asked Rick Wakeman if that moving stage was hard to use (he plays with his eyes closed) -- he said no it wasn't; but he liked the stage that they used for their UNION tour better ... because it was bigger. 

• Like 2

Because I lived on a small town I had to travel to Sydney for concerts-  so had to be selective 

Also not all bands visited Australia 

My first concert was Alice Cooper - Welcome To My Nightmare 

Followed that up with ELO 

Both open air concerts 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Because I lived on a small town I had to travel to Sydney for concerts-  so had to be selective 

Also not all bands visited Australia 

My first concert was Alice Cooper - Welcome To My Nightmare 

Followed that up with ELO 

Both open air concerts 

and both excellent acts!  I've been a Coop fan since I was probably 12 or 13.  In my freshman year of high school, in my graphic arts class, I made a silk screen of the billion dollar babies album cover. 

By any chance, are you familiar with the alternative band called The Lucksmiths?  I believe they are Australian.  I loved their stuff. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

and both excellent acts!  I've been a Coop fan since I was probably 12 or 13.  In my freshman year of high school, in my graphic arts class, I made a silk screen of the billion dollar babies album cover. 

By any chance, are you familiar with the alternative band called The Lucksmiths?  I believe they are Australian.  I loved their stuff. 

I have heard of them - they are an Indi rock band from Melbourne 

But I never got into them - not Prog enough for me 

• Like 2

First group?  Allllllllll Motown!  Lesley Gore, Brenda Lee, Bobby Vee, Jay & the Americans locally at the county fair.  Don't ask me who was first I'm thinking it was Brenda Lee since I have a signed 45 by her.  Then toss in The original James Gang then add Joe to their mix.  Heck I dunno anymore.  Now I wonder where that 45 is...  Here somewhere I guess.  Dunno.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

First group?  Allllllllll Motown!  Lesley Gore, Brenda Lee, Bobby Vee, Jay & the Americans locally at the county fair.  Don't ask me who was first I'm thinking it was Brenda Lee since I have a signed 45 by her.  Then toss in The original James Gang then add Joe to their mix.  Heck I dunno anymore.  Now I wonder where that 45 is...  Here somewhere I guess.  Dunno.  

I LOVE that short guitar riff at the beginning of This Magic Moment by Jay and the Americans. 

• Like 3