YouTube Spinning

Full Range

On 1/30/2021 at 3:02 AM, Full Range said:

Here is some nice guitar work of a famous song (40 fingers Sultans of Swing)

Very pleasant guitar work, not gritty or ear piercing at all.

There is also a very heavy Al Di Meola influence in there as well.  😎

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Very pleasant guitar work, not gritty or ear piercing at all.

There is also a very heavy Al Di Meola influence in there as well.  😎

I have that Al Di Meola album and it’s just sublime listening to it on vinyl 

• Like 2

Just now, Full Range said:

I have that album Al Di Meola and it’s just sublime listening to it on vinyl 

I have album and CD.  I prefer album all the way.

+++

Have you ever listened to that cut on headphones?  The stereo separation is so good you can shut your eyes and still SEE those two guys sitting on stools trading off guitar riffs.  It's an incredible illusion.

• Thanks 1

Don Mclean is now 70 years old and American Pie is 50 years old.  Don's voice here is incredible!

I love the acapella group Home Free.  There are no instruments on this version, the human voice takes care of drums and other instruments.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

I have album and CD.  I prefer album all the way.

+++

Have you ever listened to that cut on headphones?  The stereo separation is so good you can shut your eyes and still SEE those two guys sitting on stools trading off guitar riffs.  It's an incredible illusion.

I had a great pair of headphones but sold them ( see photo below ) 

All brands just feel uncomfortable to me so - No I haven’t listened to any music with headphones for many years 

Audio-Technica-ATH-W5000-Audiophile-Head

• Like 3

Found this on Youtube and it brings back memories. I lived in the same town as Dean from this duo.  Actually, the night I met him was at the church that I attended. My then wife was talking to Dean's wife and told him that I had one of his albums. She called Dean over and said, "He has the album Jan and Dean Meet Batman."  Dean said, "I don't even have that one."  That's all there is to that story ... hope you are impressed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/31/2021 at 3:41 PM, Shiva said:

One more from this street performer.

Dang... shatnershairpiece just took me away. Forget calgon.

Funny too if you open it up at youtube and read his little story! And finally about ten minutes in the guy with the celll phone takes a video then the guard stops to listen. NICE!

The Dire Straits, @dirtmudd's California Trio with their acoustic quasi-electro great take on "Echoes". Gallagher doin' the 70s, and Gary still gettin it too!

Been one heck of a week of frustration and just being busy too.

I'll ad one of my favorite guitarists to these guys, not competing, just different strokes and a cover!

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Full Range said:

I had a great pair of headphones but sold them ( see photo below ) 

All brands just feel uncomfortable to me so - No I haven’t listened to any music with headphones for many years 

Ever try any AKG's ? Their 140s (from the 80s) were very light and stayed put most of the time.

The K712Pros I have now cover the ear completely and have pretty good realistic bass too. Haven't kept them on for any extended period like I used to but they are pretty light too. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Ever try any AKG's ? Their 140s (from the 80s) were very light and stayed put most of the time.

The K712Pros I have now cover the ear completely and have pretty good realistic bass too. Haven't kept them on for any extended period like I used to but they are pretty light too. 

I remember the AKG 140 - they had small round ear piece 

But I have large ears and most headphone ear cups just squash them 

If I was to get another pair of headphones- they must have large oval ear cups that can accommodate my ears 

Adding to that most ear buds just fall out 

Having large ears is probably the reason that I can hear more sounds than most as they catch more of the sound waves 

• Like 3

I'm a big fan of Sennheisers, i've had my HD580's for over 15 years and use them everyday. Having an ovoid ear shape design, they might even accommodate a pair of oversized ears.😀

I've mentioned this song before on why horns. This song was one of those that made me really want to know what was behind the screen.   First heard this song at the theater, during closing credits of this movie.  The fat sound of the stand up bass and the vocal sounding so large, clear and effortless. Diana Reeves.  Just re-watched this movie a little while ago.👍

• Like 4

On 2/3/2021 at 11:23 PM, Full Range said:

Having large ears is probably the reason that I can hear more sounds than most as they catch more of the sound waves 

The K-140s were fantastic for decades for me, but partially open. The fully open circumaural new ones might not have the magnificent detail of the 140s but for these older ears I'd have to have fully horn loaded speakers to compete with `em out in the house!

That Lile W above is nice while taking a break from the action here.

• Like 2