YouTube Spinning

Full Range

"Two little kings playing a game, they gave a war and nobody came."  Epic line there.

I've had this song memorized since my age was in the single digits (a young hippie in the SF/Oakland Bay Area) -- long before I could even comprehend the meaning.

it's a short song; but worth the listen. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Two little kings playing a game, they gave a war and nobody came."  Epic line there.

I've had this song memorized since my age was in the single digits (a young hippie in the SF/Oakland Bay Area) -- long before I could even comprehend the meaning.

it's a short song; but worth the listen. 

A song with meaning and importantly delivered with meaning 

• Like 1

@Full Range  you and I are both huge prog guys.  YES being my favorite prog band, hands down by far; but I've always loved The Monkees since I was a little kid -- and still enjoy that music today. As an adult and a guitar player, I've discovered why ... while the first two albums were strictly session musicians, these were some of the best session musicians in the business.  Many of the famed Wrecking Crew from the 60s played on Monkees albums ... the likes of Glen Campbell, Louie Shelton, Carol Kaye ... just top shelf musicians.  TWO YEARS before The Monkees, Mike Nesmith had already written the song Different Drum that Linda Ronstadt made famous. Peter tork was jamming with Stephen Stills (who ironically tried out for the monkees himself and encouraged Peter to try out too). Simple pop music; but done very well and by some big players.  Another guy on monkees albums, (the late) bassist Larry Taylor from the rock band Canned Heat. A lot more to the music than just some bubble gum pop. 

• Like 4