YouTube Spinning

Full Range

Long ago I "thought" about pictures with ppl I knew.  Then I thought "why" so never got in any.  Quality was terrible.  Today, I think it's funny w/the new fb crowd and technology.  Gotta get a  pic yet I've never asked and won't.  Today Joe Walsh and many others have expanded on that idea.  Yup, for an extra $200-300 per ticket you can get that "meet and great" ticket and you're fb pic.  We laffed and laffed one day over that.  Like fishin in a stocked pond and ya don't even need bait.  Ya get a "How ya doin!" IF she's good lookin.  One after another.  Calls it everyone's retirement fund.  lolol   

220px-Kodak_Instamatic_100.jpg

Smile!  You high man???  Open your eyes now and smile.   😂  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ya see that movie Dave?

Cannot hear that song without thinking Samuel L Jackson & his quote of Ezekiel 25:17! And the disco kid with another pretty lady too. Now that movie was audacious when it came out!

Been a Floydian weekend, and I'm feeling it now, never would have when this song came out.

Just thinkin' ...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A humble man that many thought was better than Dillon 

But alas only sold on release six albums in the USA - but across the ocean in South Africa had sold more albums than Elvis 

I need to get the album 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I remembered what she looked like but had forgotten what made Ella famous.

Good Golly, What a Voice!

Agreed, her voice has such clarity and smoothness,  without a hint of grain,  like no other.  

• Like 5

I have listened to Summertime, at least a 1/2 dozen times in the last day or two. I find the song almost perfect, the lyrics, the orchestration, the vocals, the relaxed easy pacing,  just beautiful. The composer, having such an understanding of music and what appeals to the ear and brain. The rise and fall of the horns, the strings in the background,  the bass line, even the little stringed flourish at the end, which i assume is a harp.  As I've forgotten who created it,  looked it up.  Its from the play Porgy and Bess, composed by George Gershwin, back in 1935.    I guess that explains that.👍

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Shiva said:

have listened to Summertime, at least a 1/2 dozen times in the last day or two. I find the song almost perfect, the lyrics, the orchestration, the vocals, the relaxed easy pacing,  just beautiful. The composer,

Al though done by many, do enjoy the original and the version by Janice, of course.

• Like 2