YouTube Spinning

Full Range

I'll have to log in with my phone to hear any of those, packed away the pc peripherals today.  Two of those shows above I saw those parts of them only because I knew ahead of time it was going to happen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I'll have to log in with my phone to hear any of those, packed away the pc peripherals today.  Two of those shows above I saw those parts of them only because I knew ahead of time it was going to happen.

From the Forte III to the smartphone sound, it can't get any worse. The main thing is that you can still play with us, it's nice to meet you again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It went east of here. Was as close as ten miles south of me when the warning came on the phone. Radar warning so until I hear there might not have been anyone hurt at all. This time of year and it's so warm... like almost felt like 80. They do happen and have been where these clouds have been.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Through a music friend I became aware of this wonderful album by David Gilmour yesterday. it is very reminiscent of the quieter Pink Floyd arrangements. A forgotten jewel........

David Gilmour ....ON AN ISLAND..... 2006

On an Island is the third solo album by British musician David Gilmour, the guitarist, singer, composer and songwriter of the rock band Pink Floyd. It was released on March 6, 2006, Gilmour's 60th birthday, in England and Germany, and a day later in the United States. Gilmour had thus released a solo album again after 22 years.
Various performers participated in the creation of the album. Jools Holland (on "The Blue"), David Crosby and Graham Nash (background vocals) as well as Pink Floyd member and keyboardist Richard Wright should be mentioned. Phil Manzanera of Roxy Music supported the production.

• Like 3

The name Djabe is influenced by the Akan word djabe, which means freedom. The group composes its own works in which jazz style is mixed with elements of Hungarian and African music. The band has performed internationally at several festivals. Moreover, they worked with guitarist Steve Hackett on the record " life is a journey - the sardinia tapes ". a second album has  been recored some years later with the name " back to sardinia". Did you know that @dirtmudd ????

Have a listen ......great stuff !

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

The name Djabe is influenced by the Akan word djabe, which means freedom. The group composes its own works in which jazz style is mixed with elements of Hungarian and African music. The band has performed internationally at several festivals. Moreover, they worked with guitarist Steve Hackett on the record " life is a journey - the sardinia tapes ". a second album has  been recored some years later with the name " back to sardinia".

It has a sound signature in the video of - broadly a jazzy world music style 

40 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

sounds to me like a mix out of Deep Purple and Uriah Heep

I can hear elements of that as well - probably why I liked listening to them 

• Like 1