YouTube Spinning

Full Range

Things winding down for me at the place that has been my HQ since before 1970. Kind of got a mild sentimental case of the blues. Well not really, did you know that with prices going up so bad on even used vehicles that for $2k more than I was thinking of having to spend I could get a Mercedes M class? I'm looking at <80k miles. Yea that's without taxes though. then the upkeep, nope won't be happening for me!

So taking a break and found this on the tv, sounds like crap but I can hear the potential of the LP.

Thanks @Dave1291

PXL-20210627-191256334.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Used cars have taken a huge rise lately.  Way more so than what most people need to spend on.  I had a neighbor sell out and go to their retirement place recently.  Could have bought  his car for a sweet price in great shape and flipped it for more, but I am not the flipping type, and I really didn't need another car.  

• Like 2

@oldtimer it was something I read then looked into. Domestic and Oriental SUVs went way up. Apparently the ones that were $$ already did not so the Audis, BMWs the Mercedes GLC class also look to be within reach if only considering the purchase price!

• Like 3

This was a Mazda.  Sweet deal but I really just didn't want another car.  If I knew anyone here was in the market I would have done something about it.  Low miles, the works.  Their small crossover or suv, whatever people label these things.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

This was a Mazda.  Sweet deal but I really just didn't want another car.  If I knew anyone here was in the market I would have done something about it.  Low miles, the works.  Their small crossover or suv, whatever people label these things.

Will two Forte's fit in the back of a BMW (2002?), asking for a friend of mine.

"Sometimes I think it's a sin when I feel like I'm winning when I'm losing again."

Song reminds me of bipolar ex-girlfriend. My experience: the hotter-the crazier. 

Best wishes on move JohnJ ("has been my HQ since before 1970"). Second song below was released in 1970.

Sundown - YouTube

image.png.eb110d4fab2c444dbb092b8b517d65d5.png

What Makes This Song Great?™ Ep.94 Gordon Lightfoot - YouTube

If You Could Read My Mind - YouTube

image.png.418d450cef9ffb9dfebc1440db39ea27.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Would you look into (not at) the dark lacquer on that little gem!

The book in the glove-box of our old Impala said it was Mirror-Magic Lacquer that chevy used back then.

@CWOReilly The pair? At once? @grasshopper pulled a similar feat with a small vehicle that had an alarming amount of square footage inside a couple years ago! For what I have to work with I'll probably rent a van for the haul.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, billybob said:

Dang, going to need a ride that can tote a large package...

Yea, the large package I can understand it's just finding a ride that can handle it...  :)

13 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Will two Forte's fit in the back of a BMW (2002?), asking for a friend of mine.

One mod on a mission from God and this ^^^^ dude's EVERYwhere!  😂

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Would you look into (not at) the dark lacquer on that little gem!

The book in the glove-box of our old Impala said it was Mirror-Magic Lacquer that chevy used back then.

@CWOReilly The pair? At once? @grasshopper pulled a similar feat with a small vehicle that had an alarming amount of square footage inside a couple years ago! For what I have to work with I'll probably rent a van for the haul.

Easier to haul the pair of La Scala than the Polk SDA SRS. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1