YouTube Spinning

Full Range

New Order, they are one of the bands that were always in the background of music listening in my school days (80s). But if you´d asked me then what i liked best in industrial/ electronic back then, it would have been Depeche Mode. Not that i knew anything about genres back then.

These days if i hear Depeche Modes old stuff, i have to think of the 84´Olympics and vice versa, it was a summer holiday that i remember very fondly.

Rummaging old times...

• Like 3

Ya got me again @Subway.

I lucked into about two hundred pounds of vinyl in mostly great shape last year. Mid 60s to late 70s mostly middle of the road and soft rock. Several of Elton's in there.

This one I love and was the most foreign to me then.

• Like 4

So, I make one Elton John joke and now this?

I actually like a couple of his songs ...  Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and Someone Saved My Life Tonight (although I cringe when he says Sugarbear).   

HIs lyricist Bernie Taupin also worked with Alice Cooper on Coop's From The Inside album ... which is one of my favorites of his. written about his stint in an asylum from his boozehound days. I think the reality of the songs gave them an enhanced meaning. Plus Coop ia just about as cool as you can get. That dude knows everyone ... from the Beatles to Elvis to Groucho Marx. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/21/2021 at 7:23 PM, JohnJ said:

Had one for a few years... trained the Quaker parakeet to say things like * i i a a a t c h in a real good drawn out whisper and "I know you are but what am I" just regular...

I did not have to set a date at that point:rolleyes:

Talkin' bout Albert... he's got his version then there are others.

Foghat Live

Huge influence back in the day !

• Like 4