YouTube Spinning

Full Range

Sad that they've all gotten so old and I still see the same face in the mirror in the morning!:P

*Bruce D. in 2019 on "Late Motiv" in Spain:

“As far as I’m concerned anyway, I don’t see any reason why we should ever retire. As an airline captain, I was always told that nobody ever dies on an airplane. Even if the guy’s head is severed from his body, he’s not dead, because if the boss, the captain… If somebody says, ‘The guy’s head has fallen off.’ ‘Well, is he dead?’ ‘Well, he’s not dead until somebody legally says he’s dead.’ So, nobody dies until somebody stands up and says, ‘Yup. He’s definitely dead.’ ‘Ha! You’re responsible then. You killed him.’ So, it’s the same with rock and roll bands. We will never die. Even if we are actually dead, we will still never actually die.”

Edited by JohnJ
"
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Accept – Too Mean To Die

German metal warhorses Accept’s late-career hot streak continues with their 16th album. Too Mean To Die is crammed with gnarly yet hummable nuggets of ferociousness, polished to perfection by producer Andy Sneap, who miraculously pulled the album together across thousands of miles despite lockdown restrictions. You want proof that metal’s past can be transposed into the present? Look no further.

• Like 2

Architects – For Those Who Wish To Exist

After a decade of epic highs and tragic lows, Architects’ first album of the 2020s is a triumph on every level, cementing their position as one of modern’s metal’s boldest new bands. A cleaner, vaster, stadium-sized version of the band they’ve always been, For Those Who Wish Exist it’s the work of band demanding their seat at the heavy music’s top table. The fact that it gave them their very first UK No.1 album was a sign that they’ve succeeded in getting it.

• Like 4

Evanescence – The Bitter Truth

Where 2017’s Synthesis hinted at an intriguing new direction by giving Evanscence’s biggest hits given an orchestral and cinematic makeover, The Bitter Truth saw Amy Lee returning to her rock roots with darkly emotional, empowering and politically charged album. Nestled between the bold and the familiar, and just the right side of overwrought, it was everything Evanscence fans could want.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Got these on Vinyl and spun them in our vinyl record spinning thread , you may have that forgotten ..😉

No did not forget - just that you highlighted some German bands 

I have 2 on CD 

Mouse and Lightbulb covers 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Full Range said:

No did not forget - just that you highlighted some German bands 

I have 2 on CD 

Mouse and Lightbulb covers 

their best IMO are Spartacus, Illusions on a double dimple and Pompeij ...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MicroMara said:

former frontman ( Till Lindemann ) from the german band RAMMSTEIN plays solo now

Till is VERY much still the singer for Rammstein . He has had solo stuff for a while . He will be front and center when I see them in Philly Aug. 2022 . If he is released from jail in Russia .

https://loudwire.com/rammstein-till-lindemann-reportedly-arrested-russia/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Nanci Griffith in Knoxville, TN in 2002.  With Tom Russell and Emmylou Harris doing backup vocals. James Hooker on keyboards... worked with Nanci 20 years (as well as work with Stevie Winwood, and more. Nice show!

• Like 3