YouTube Spinning

Full Range

12 hours ago, Full Range said:

Are the Eagles a country band ( be it crossover or not ) 

Or Not 

Look at what's up there is kinda the way I see it.  Sure Vince is country and carries his vocals quite well.  Guess I never really looked at that "country band" thing.  Just jumped in the hot tub one nite and had a vision I guess.  I love it when a plan comes together.  Seems like a lot of people do!  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Look at what's up there is kinda the way I see it.  Sure Vince is country and carries his vocals quite well.  Guess I never really looked at that "country band" thing.  Just jumped in the hot tub one nite and had a vision I guess.  I love it when a plan comes together.  Seems like a lot of people do!  :)

I like Vince G. singing Surf's Up

• Like 1

On 10/28/2021 at 6:16 AM, Dave1291 said:

Local guy I grew up with was Stewart Copeland's drum tech

nice story Dave.  I had a friend that was a drummer for a Hall of Fame rock band (albeit BEFORE the guitarist formed the HOF band ... come to think of it, this happened to him twice; but not sure if the second guy was a HOF'er).  Anyway, very nice guy. His drum kit was at this pad I used to hang out with and one afternoon I was sitting at the drums and this guy, who I'd never met before, comes in and gives me the "thumb" sign to GET OFF his gear. I did without comment. We soon became friends and one night he says, "Remember the day I met you and kicked you off my drums?  Well, you can play my drum set whenever you want."  

Had a HUGE, HUGE wildfire one year and smoke was in the air in our town quite heavily. This dude calls me up and asks me how I was doing because he had a dream that the smoke was making it hard for me to breathe due to my Asthma.  Kind gesture of him to check up on me. 

Sadly, I pulled one of my, it's time to move and never look back acts and have lost contact with the guy and literally every other person from that era that I spent ALL of my waking hours with. Probably why I bore you folks with my stories because I can't reminisce with my old partners -- I know where some of them are now; but after all these years, it would be too weird talking to them now. I'm not the social butterfly that I once was and even back then I wasn't a social butterfly. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

nice story Dave.  I had a friend that was a drummer for a Hall of Fame rock band (albeit BEFORE the guitarist formed the HOF band ... come to think of it, this happened to him twice; but not sure if the second guy was a HOF'er).  Anyway, very nice guy. His drum kit was at this pad I used to hang out with and one afternoon I was sitting at the drums and this guy, who I'd never met before, comes in and gives me the "thumb" sign to GET OFF his gear. I did without comment. We soon became friends and one night he says, "Remember the day I met you and kicked you off my drums?  Well, you can play my drum set whenever you want."  

Had a HUGE, HUGE wildfire one year and smoke was in the air in our town quite heavily. This dude calls me up and asks me how I was doing because he had a dream that the smoke was making it hard for me to breathe due to my Asthma.  Kind gesture of him to check up on me. 

Sadly, I pulled one of my, it's time to move and never look back acts and have lost contact with the guy and literally every other person from that era that I spent ALL of my waking hours with. Probably why I bore you folks with my stories because I can't reminisce with my old partners -- I know where some of them are now; but after all these years, it would be too weird talking to them now. I'm not the social butterfly that I once was and even back then I wasn't a social butterfly. 

Funny you guys talking about Ludwig, my aunt Nancy worked for Ludwig before they moved out of Chicago. Lost the tips of her fingers running the press cutting the skins for the drums. No boring stories here. Music's ok too

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1