YouTube Spinning

Full Range

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

Ted was never bad when I saw him, even when we had a frisbee party in the park next to Memorial Stadium just to hear his show. All the neighbors in that old money part of downtown complained, and the editors of the local "Disturber" newspaper ranted about it for a week. Great White Buffalo was my favorite for years!

High energy shows, great memories. Ted rocks!

Aerosmith could not sing or play worth a dam and screwed up half the lyrics. I like them but this turned me off still to this day.

• Like 4

I always loved cranking the album side that had Great White Buffalo and Hibernation. "Shit, We're gonna melt this fuckin place tonight".

I won tickets to see Ted when I was a sophomore in high school. I had never been to a concert before. When I went to the radio station to pick them up the DJ named Jack Daniels told me someone picked them up already. He didn't have any extras. This kid who sat beside me in typing class had asked me if I picked them up a couple times so I figured it was him. 

He admitted it and his mom gave him some money, so I got that. It would have been better to see the concert.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, justonemore said:

I always loved cranking the album side that had Great White Buffalo and Hibernation. "Shit, We're gonna melt this fuckin place tonight".

I won tickets to see Ted when I was a sophomore in high school. I had never been to a concert before. When I went to the radio station to pick them up the DJ named Jack Daniels told me someone picked them up already. He didn't have any extras. This kid who sat beside me in typing class had asked me if I picked them up a couple times so I figured it was him. 

He admitted it and his mom gave him some money, so I got that. It would have been better to see the concert.

Serious deja-vu!

Was Jack Daniels still at the Q in Charlotte then?

GONZO was one of the ones I got when it came out!

*    https://radioink.com/2016/09/01/jack-daniels-four-decades-charlotte/

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, jason str said:

Aerosmith could not sing or play worth a dam and screwed up half the lyrics. I like them but this turned me off still to this day.

I went to a concert at Comiskey Park in August of 1978

Opening Act was AC/DC never heard of them - Holy Sh#$%^  Freaking Amazing 

Next was Walter Egan - Good

Then Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush-Very Good

Then Foreigner- Excellent

Aerosmith was so messed up you couldn't even tell what song they were playing and they got booed off the stage.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

That reminds me of my first concert.  My cousin and I went to see Aerosmith in about the same time as you. A band we had never heard of called AC/DC opened and they were awesome. Bon Scott went out over the crowd. We were thinking as good as they were Aerosmith is really going to be good.

They came out and were just a bunch of drugged out zombies who totally sucked. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Gnote said:

I went to a concert at Comiskey Park in August of 1978

Opening Act was AC/DC never heard of them - Holy Sh#$%^  Freaking Amazing 

Next was Walter Egan - Good

Then Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush-Very Good

Then Foreigner- Excellent

Aerosmith was so messed up you couldn't even tell what song they were playing and they got booed off the stage.

Too young to see Bon Scott but saw the next 4 album tours. Good stuff. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Saw a few in the late 70s that were unknown to me. Black Oak Arkansas, Def Leppard, Scorpions, Judas Priest, UFO, Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush, Mother's Finest.

Molly Hatchett opened up by Judas Priest and then UFO in the Park Center. If you watched wrestling in the 70s that little place is where it was, the Crocketts lived there. Danny Joe Brown fell off the stage and broke his leg.

AC/DC did that Highway to Hell tour there and it was insane! Frank made a lifelong fan out of me being the closest to Jimi that I would ever see!

Those bands with the Schenker guitar brothers made the headliners have a hard time impressing all of us with the stinging of their eyes from the h@shish and ree^er so thick in the air when they came onstage. That burg was a h*llacious rockin' place in the 70s and Zeppelin had already vowed to never come back after the cop got shot in the back at the August Jam way before I was old enough to go to shows.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Is that John Denver's alter ego?    Some good old stuff there!

It's that time of year again. Just certain things I equate with Christmas since I was little. Dr. Seuss' "How the Grinch Stole Christmas!" is one of them. I refuse to outgrow some things... it's just fun. The remakes all stink, stank, stunk to me.

The first is almost sacrosanct!

Think this is what I posted a few years ago, this new-fangled version of the song is souped up like a V-8 Vega version.

* That one is the original. Guess it does sound way better than the B&W I watched it on around 70 for the first time. That voice above? Thurl Ravenscroft.

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

^^ Cool song ^^

Since I found my mistake from above I searched for a rockin' version of the song.

Hey I found it, the new fangled version I mean.

This one is by: Red Wanting Blue

Not quite the voice  like the one by Mr Ravencroft above but it's souped up!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Took some sudafed for a snot attack I'm fighting. Plus I made coffee at 5pm to finish my pasta with.

Been listening still... and I found one that I'd not heard in a while.

Different than their early stuff I like the most. This one's better to me than what generally came after "The Unforgettable Fire".

U2 "Songs of Innocence"

• Like 3
  • Confused 1