YouTube Spinning

Full Range

I saw the Guess Who, as openers for Brewer & Shipley (their main hit was 'One toke over the line'). A rather strange pairing for a concert if ever there was one. The GW were awful, too, but the p.a. system didn't do loud r&r justice. It was mostly their amps on stage that carried the performance.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

She's impressive that's for sure.   Thanks for that!  :)  All these new kids on the block are pretty impressive.  

And to fit in with current events (Will Smith, wife and Chris Rock...),  MT suffers from alopecia, and has since she was age 3 or so.

ALO2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Goodnight from Chicago

Something Different

From the Canadian Rockies or there abouts

Library 50 cent find, plucky

Joe Jackson Jumpin' Jive, 1930s depression tunes

Dianna Krall not, Julie London

She has a Cole Porter Covers LP, I checked a couple of times because I thought it was Krall

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Marvel said:

And to fit in with current events (Will Smith, wife and Chris Rock...),  MT suffers from alopecia, and has since she was age 3 or so.

I just saw a limited series about something like that on Netflix 

It’s called Madame C J Walker - self made 

• Like 1

It wouldn't be me if I wasn't playing my favorites from the 70s. Not the best by this band, but @Mossy bottom covered that already with vinyl.

This is one that just blurred into the background often back then when we were pushing our limits :wink: back then.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Remember a short time ago I posted the song Exposure / Robert Fripp

It was first released by Peter Gabriel 

The song was credited to both artists and Fripp played guitar on Gabriel’s version also his producer at the time 

• Like 3

Thanks, there's a few good Peter Gabriel live versions of that one above, saw an interesting interpretation of the basis of the lyrics online.

This was pool-hall and background party music also.. but three to me are turner uppers. The title track, Shanghaied and Tired of Wearing Black.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Then these guys played every place for a hundred miles around in about 1980 where I'm from. Leans towards pop but pretty decent for a home turf band. Freakin' great by today's radio standards!

• Like 5

Then these I'd recorded... it was the 80s

That's not the famous version above.

Circus Animals was a good release by them. The bike club/ pool hall played all this kind of stuff, some 80s stuff gets better when you haven't heard it in a while.

• Like 3