YouTube Spinning

Full Range

2 hours ago, billybob said:

Lol, John:

You know how to flush me out don'tcha Billy? That was still fresh on the airwaves 2yrs I think this was playing just as fresh on the airwaves down in Statesboro, GA.  I was drying out there after a particularly rough couple of years on that liquid diet!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Rain,

Rain,

Rain...

There's a Copperhead Rd where I'm from, up at the river.

Up at is Lake Norman, Down at the river is Lake Wylie. Same river, two hydro plants + a nuke up north. Good catfish at the SC one!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Thanks for those Yoshida Brothers, easily recognizable as Japanese, with their own flair. Are they playing those instruments with putty knives? Sure looks like it!

Not far off John, the Shamisen is played with a Bachi, and according to Wikipedia:

"Bachi used for stringed instruments (撥) are actually picks. They are very distinct in form and use from Western-style picks, which are usually smaller in order to be held between or mounted to fingers. In shape, bachi are similar to an ice scraper or a putty knife.

Bachi can be made of various materials and with varying levels of strength. Similarly to guitar picks, bachi were traditionally made of tortoise shell (鼈甲, bekkō) or ivory (象牙, zōge), but these materials are rare and expensive (and illegal to trade in some territories, due to protection of endangered species), therefore making bachi in these materials highly expensive and impractical. Modern and more affordable variants are often made of acrylic, plastic or wood.

Generally, bachi made of softer, more flexible materials are easier to play with for beginners, but harder materials produce a stronger sound and last longer."

So yeah, You could say they´ re strumming their instruments with putty knifes... 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Music Explosion's  instant hit?  Yuuup,  10 miles away and knew them all quite well.  Jaime Lyons the lead singer moved into an apartment in Columbus, Ohio with all the guys.  Always an hour well spent driving down to see them and hang.  I NEVER could understand how they weren't in jail.  When the front door opened this massive cloud of pot smoke came rolling out and just levelled ya.  EVERY time.  Course the apartment was about 4 blocks from Ohio State's campus but geez Louise.. 😂 

Their 50th reunion?  What a hoot.

:)

Then there was "L ittle Black Egg."  Sheesh...  Must be the water around here.   :)

Sharin the good times!  Peace, Love Dove!    :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1