YouTube Spinning

Full Range

Thanks @Shiva You've probably heard this but it's the right time to share it here. Have not heard it in a while myself.

Jeff doesn't intrude with Imogen Heap he adds his work to the composition:

* the whole show needs to be up, Tal is shaking things here now!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Shiva said:

I first saw this singer on Late Night with Jools quite a few years ago.  Imelda May. here, with Jeff Beck.

She flat slays me.  Imogene pushes my  buttons too but when you throw Jeff Beck into the mix it ALWAYS takes it to another level!

The Beck @ Ronnie Scott's is KILLER as is Imelda's "11 Past the Hour"  release.   Just gimme, gimme darlin!!!  Imogen is right up there too.  It all boils down to what mic they're using too.  I don't even go there w/mic's cause I don't have that kinda money!  3-4 of them packed in that tour box?  Pricey af...   :)

Here's her latest and open another window.  Thank me later!  😂

• Like 4

Hey Dave, that was a great song,  loved the guitar work.  She still got it.  👍  Dug the next song too.  Just an interesting factoid, the girl is from Ireland and speaks as such.  You wouldn't think that when listening though.

• Like 3

Andre, I hear several influences in some of the music you've posted. Like YES, Asia and Styx-like synthesizers. Then the guitar power chords added in.

Then the dramatic ladies took over, there's nothing like them in my collection but there is in this thread! 

• Like 3

@Shiva It's not her first rodeo but she always brings something to the table.  Simple.  Always nice when ya have the big guns behind you though.  THEN it ALL seems to go to another level.

EVERY artist pushes themselves cause their fan base DEMANDS it.  They HAVE to produce to stay alive in everyone's mind not just theirs.  50 years ago Beck & Page were laffin as kids talking about how they were gonna have the world coming to them.  They were laffing about it.  The world came and now look at them.  They're legendary with the fan base so then you take YOUR work to a different level as an artist.

Once you're open enough to accept who someone is as an artist you begin to look into their idiosyncrasy IF you want to truly know them.  They ALL have them and we all do it.  We have our favorites and valid reasons WHY they're our favorites.  "Oh yea, he wanted 10# of M&M's backstage w/all of the brown ones taken out."  Ha!  Why though?  That's what intrigues me about artists.

You're a Cali kinda guy but do you know the back story to this song?  "They" think Don Henley's a moron but this song just kills it imo because I know the true back story.  Pretty amazing when you find out why someone wrote what they did and took it to another level.  All of the great one's have a way.  That's why they're great.  That's what I crave cause I don't forget a face.

I have tons of stories just like many other people who've spent a life time of "artist worship."  I gotta know why it is what it is then I look at how it's done and judge accordingly.  Yea, I'm out there!  😂  Hit the lyrics and the song a few times.  Not a quiz but it was to me.  :) 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

She flat slays me.  Imogene pushes my  buttons too but when you throw Jeff Beck into the mix it ALWAYS takes it to another level!

The Beck @ Ronnie Scott's is KILLER as is Imelda's "11 Past the Hour"  release.   Just gimme, gimme darlin!!!  Imogen is right up there too.  It all boils down to what mic they're using too.  I don't even go there w/mic's cause I don't have that kinda money!  3-4 of them packed in that tour box?  Pricey af...   :)

Here's her latest and open another window.  Thank me later!  😂

ordered 😍 🥰🤩  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Steven Siro Vai (born June 6, 1960 on Long Island, New York) is an American guitarist, composer and producer. He first achieved greater fame from the early 1980s in the band of Frank Zappa - called "stunt guitarist" by the latter because of his virtuosity - and then as guitarist for David Lee Roth. Vai has been a solo artist for years and a three-time Grammy Award winner

incredible ....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes in and i've got a grin on WHILE listening to this guy.   God help him if he isn't pulling my leg.  :)

Yes, Stevie has pics built into his finger tips.  He was born with them.  😂

Yea, I can tell he's one of the greats too buddy.  Now take another bite of your peanut butter and nana sammich.  Gettin skooled?

"I'm not that technical of a player but I like that technical part of a player.  There's so much in there you could break down in there"

"That's the smoothest solo I've ever seen"

He's a little embarrassed that he's never heard of him?

@MicroMarayou just wasted 20 minutes of my time.  Are you smoking your dinner again?  WHERE did HE come from anyway?   Back under the rock for him!   Ya got me on that one friendo!  😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

That's not the Vai I know of nope it wasn't jazzy riffs It was knarly, heavy rock with the OZ.

But it didn't last long.

While looking back on the peculiar Steve Vai comment, Ozzy Osbourne told NME – “Steve Vai once said to me: ‘You know Black Sabbath’s first album is out of tune?’

“I said: ‘You know what, Steve? It still sells! So what the *ck do you want?’ Rock music is not supposed to sound perfect. If you want to hear perfect, go and watch a f@ing symphony orchestra.”

https://www.vintageheavymetal.com/article/ozzy-osbourne-steve-vai-sabbath/

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just arrived and haven’t played them as yet 

They were purchased by pre order quite some time ago and finally here 

Robert Fripp - Exposure - 4th edition The Steve Wilson mix

Nirvana - Nevermind 30th anniversary super deluxe box set 

F1-DAD153-4-C53-4660-A1-A4-6591-B1851-B8 

• Like 3