YouTube Spinning

Full Range

Lol, Sounds comfy alright.

Hard to beat Cotton, thanks.

Yes Bob Seger live man double.

Live. Factoid. Concert for Bob had Don Brewer fly into tlh general aviation on short notice to fill in. It was a good concert.

Was at show with friend Brewer.

And he made and drank, guess what... Trip, snowboarding in Kansas man.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, billybob said:

And he made and drank, guess what... Trip, snowboarding in Kansas man.

Jello sliders ?

Never got too fancy with drinks went Jack & Coke, Bacardi & Coke, Everclear and Hi-C w/fruit, tequila with nothing or anything. That was all on the first filter.

Now a fifth lasts a month sometimes longer and it's only bourbon. Sours and bourbon either with a cube if it's got heat or over a cube and take the cube right back out. & sometimes that bubba tea that Van Zandt warned me about decades ago

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Subway said:

Haven't bought jeans in decades- good point. Maybe quality has declined. 

501's never an issue after broken-in, pull down in ripping motion.

The following may pose a problem:

This is why sailors have 13 buttons on their trousers - We Are The Mighty

image.png.682c4617af17b8cf18458a6f1739bb61.png

The quality of Levi’s you get depends on where you shop.  I was listening to a show about jeans on the radio a few years ago, and it was mentioned that Levi’s make their 501 jeans in 5 quality classes, and price them accordingly.  The cheapest, unsurprisingly, are found at Walmart.  The mid-range stores get better jeans, and the top 501s, the ones that sell for $100 or more, are found in the menswear boutiques.  I haven’t shopped around to see how noticeable the differences are, but it sounds plausible to me.

BTW, Mark Zuckerberg gets around in green T-shirts most of the time, maybe to seem relatable to us non-billionaire types, or maybe because he just doesn’t care.  Who knows, but he’s not roughing it.  Supposedly, those T-shirts of his cost over $300 each, and I’m sure they’re very comfortable.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Subway said:

Haven't bought jeans in decades- good point. Maybe quality has declined. 

501's never an issue after broken-in, pull down in ripping motion.

The following may pose a problem:

This is why sailors have 13 buttons on their trousers - We Are The Mighty

image.png.682c4617af17b8cf18458a6f1739bb61.png

13 buttons, eh?  Why not just undo the single button at the waist and lower your pants?  Seems much simpler and more efficient.

BTW, in English literature, there were references to “flies”, always in the plural.  I think that probably refers to the double row of buttons, as opposed to the single row that we’re more familiar with.  Over here, it’s “fly”, always in the singular.

When I lived in Germany as a kid, I had a pair of lederhosen, which had two zipper flies.  You’d unzip both, and the large central panel of the pants would drop.  If you only unzipped one fly, only the upper diagonal of the panel would open, which was useless, so you always needed to to unzip both.  It seemed like over-engineering to me.

• Haha 2

Jeans comparable to the "Original" 501s the ones that fit me perfectly... or maybe I grew into their shape?

May be unreasonable Raleigh Denim for $400+ or Japanese @ $800 ? They just don't exist for decent money. Levis got progressively thinner starting in the 80s. Remember the shrink to fit "real ones" going up to $30 and hesitating. :o That's the only pants I wore for decades 29X32. 

https://hiconsumption.com/best-selvedge-denim-jeans/

glad I stocked up five years ago or so

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jeans are for kids, it's all khakis for me now.

But in my youth recall fondly getting a few pairs of jeans at the beginning of each school year.  Real jeans were impossible to wear for the first month or so unless one washed them 10X, and then the invariable customization as holes and wear patterns emerged ( Skoal, brother ? ).

Still have my family heirloom Levi hip hugger bell bottoms, the early 70s were the jean heyday.  Kind of preferred the jean that beat the dress code:  Corduroys

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Racer X said:

Still have my family heirloom Levi hip hugger bell bottoms, the early 70s were the jean heyday.  Kind of preferred the jean that beat the dress code:  Corduroys

Well, different strokes aside, no skoal tins in my pockets ever. But the keys in my front right pocket... always. Cords were cool (literally summer wear) but they quit either making them or selling them after the 80s where I lived.

Cords?

I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I - I'm willing and able
So I throw my *cords on your table!
See: I wanna love ya, I wanna love and treat ya -
Love and treat ya right
I wanna love you every day and every night:
We'll be together, with a roof right over our heads!
We'll share the shelter of my single bed;
We'll share the same room, yeah! Jah provide the bread
We'll share the shelter of my single bed

*I always heard cords back then!

• Like 4

@JohnJ Heeee Hawwwww!  Had a local guy who worked on the show.  He's gone now but he was funny as heck.  lol  Taken from his obit.  :)  "He was able to mimic animal and bird sounds, which earned him a berth on "Hee Haw" in Nashville. There he worked with Loretta Lynn, Roy Clark, Junior Samples, Ted Mack, Jim Ed Brown, Jerry Reed and Mohammad Ali, among others."  He passed about 20 years ago but sure drew a crowd when he came home.  How he made those sounds is beyond me.  Noble Bare.  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1