YouTube Spinning

Full Range

Gonna throw something on down just to give ya a lil listen to this "old" local guy I know who's been playing for close to 60 years.  Started as a kid back in the 70's, playing some covers then took off on his own way.  Never made much like most but never stopped playing and writing.  Survived his battle with Cancer and it's kinda fun now cause he's getting the itch go get a group going.  He reached out about 6 months ago and he's been tossing some stuff on youtube from his younger days.  Just thought I'd share if ya wanna check him out while you scroll.  Kind of different but I'll tell ya this much he can shred!

Hope it worked for ya!  :)

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Gonna throw something on down just to give ya a lil listen to this "old" local guy I know who's been playing for close to 60 years.  Started as a kid back in the 70's, playing some covers then took off on his own way.  Never made much like most but never stopped playing and writing.  Survived his battle with Cancer and it's kinda fun now cause he's getting the itch go get a group going.  He reached out about 6 months ago and he's been tossing some stuff on youtube from his younger days.  Just thought I'd share if ya wanna check him out while you scroll.  Kind of different but I'll tell ya this much he can shred!

Hope it worked for ya!  :)

still listening to , very @MeloManiac  😂  , it works well , gentle and romantic arrangements

• Like 2

Did some Seger the other day and enjoyed it, thought I'd share some of his earlier stuff.

Kick off your shoes
Throw away your blues
You paid your dues
Noah

Summer is here
Why interfere?
Go drink a beer
Noah

You must realize that you needed your tent
Resynthesize your own ego
You must recognize that life's just a circle
Now let's go on with the show

Kennan was right
You're black and white
You're left and right
Noah

Remember old Cain
It's all in vain
It's started to rain
Noah, Noah, Noah, Noah

Not really summer but we are back in the 90s, no rain in sight the last week!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@SubwayI laffed back there at that Kenny Wayne video because I've got a funny for ya.

Long time ago a friend told me he was in Cbus for a small show and wanted the psycho b**** from H3ll and I to hook him up w/tickets and go along.  Some German festival so I said Ok since he was buyin beer, driving and feeding us  As long as he was happy right?

We get there and were sittin right of him waiting since he wasn't there yet.  I asked if there was anyone there from the front band.  Dude says yea he's getting ready and will be out in a bit.  Gettin darker and I see the front band walkin at me.  So we're drinkin and laffin and I looked up and there was Buddy Guy standin there.  Talk about a WTF moment?  Buddy guy playing in front of this kid who "they" said was gonna be the next Hendrix???  No way!

Buddy's done and Jimi's reincarnation is here and coming out.  Then when Buddy toweled off he brought a chair out and sat about 2 feet away watchin "Jimi" take over.  I'm sittin there for 20 minutes trying to figure out how this kid was "Jimi"  I'm bored and gave Buddy the side eye just as he's givin' me the side eye.  We turned heads, looked at each other and bust out laffin.  We finished the evening side eyein' each other and grinnin. 

Gotta take my hat off to him today. Only one Jimmy young man and don't you ferget it!

Hour ride home and naturally they wanted to know what we were laffin about.  Oh nuttin .  

The thing that got me was Buddy WAS the front band by contract.  Lil food for thought right there.  Who's behind who and why?  If I told ya I'd have to kill ya kinda stuff!   😂   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I was wondering just how long ago that was so I googled it.  You ain't gonna believe this.

Lookie, lookie, lookie  https://www.citybeat.com/music/blues-legend-buddy-guy-and-the-kenny-wayne-shepherd-band-to-team-up-for-cincinnati-concert-in-june-121671

NOW what's the story and connection,,,  Jimmy Olson cub reporter is on it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1