YouTube Spinning

Full Range

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

If I can't always have positive or generally "good" thoughts... beautiful music can kind of prod me towards that.

For a ex heavy metal rocker this qualifies more than "Dreamer/Deceiver" does!

Just Flashed to Mind..........................

• Thanks 4

@Subway  

I´ll tell you what I see here

playlist.thumb.jpg.bb218dc6f949230c5c3cf5d4bc3b23a5.jpg

Supertramp , King Crimson, Tull , Genesis, Floyd , Camel, Oldfield, Parsons, Deep Purple, Can, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Triumvirat , Emerson Lake & Palmer,Dire Straits. There´re some more that I see and know but can´t identify right now. maybe @Full Range can complete the list ?

• Like 3

1621689494_playlist2.thumb.jpg.a5246602369578ac4fb05542aa651df6.jpg

Here I see Eloy, Manfred Manns Earth Band, Marillion, Mike Oldfield, King Crimson, Fleewood Mac , Yes, Genesis, Deep Purple, Electric Light Orchestra, Pink Floyd, Tull , 10 CC , Supertramp , Led Zeppelin, Alan Parsons Project, Roxy Music. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, MicroMara said:

@Subway  

I´ll tell you what I see here

playlist.thumb.jpg.bb218dc6f949230c5c3cf5d4bc3b23a5.jpg

Supertramp , King Crimson, Tull , Genesis, Floyd , Camel, Oldfield, Parsons, Deep Purple, Can, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Triumvirat , Emerson Lake & Palmer,Dire Straits. There´re some more that I see and know but can´t identify right now. maybe @Full Range can complete the list ?

Adding to the list 

Yes, Renaissance, Jon Anderson, Gentle Giant, Beatles, Black Sabbath, Asia 

Probably a couple more I see but am uncertain about 

• Like 1

Thanks for that @Full Range.  LOL  Too much going on here. 'If you're talking about that "Pierce piece" I just watched he is right on many things. 

Alll the bends, his light touch, his command of the Strat, His pedals and influence by others was all part of his package.  Trailing off in places all complimented his style.  He was one very creative person who rarely stopped trying to put things together to make them "fit" with a twist of his own like others. 

Blues, rock, whatever he put together just happened to  FIT that point in time imo.  The kids?  We were ready for a change.  Factor in all the other great 60's groups it was totally different and just resonated with so many.  A powerful power trio it was too.  Mitch on drums and Noel on bass? 

Few artists really cared if someone lifted this or that if it was used creatively in their work.  As time went by many surfaced after but there were many great players before and during his time too.  The British invasion was over for the most part and the West coast influence was catchin on. 

The British super groups and those splits of this group and that group?  Drugs, the death of so many great artists, just a living on the edge kinda thing worked for so many.  In today's world he prolly wouldn't have been so famous. 

Then?  An answer to the problems of the world  for many here in the US.  Not to mention the political aspects and Viet Nam back then.

Today?  

• Like 2