YouTube Spinning

Full Range

On 10/19/2022 at 5:05 AM, JohnJ said:

It's gotten past the free AC stage here this evening! Had that a few weeks when the humidity was low, but closed up after the venison chili finished with cayenne/sans chili earlier. High in the 50s was very nice, but I've pulled out a blanket and set the old timey thermostat over to heat & turn on at 55. It's freezing the next two mornings for the first time this season.

Had Rare Earth serenading the hood while cooking earlier, Great Record:

just continued on from them winding down tonight!

Don't know their language, but easily recognize the feelings.

Heck I like the resonance in their recordings going through my den!

Good choice JJ , listend to them yesterday night and The Hu......so fascinating vibes👍

• Like 3

Don't deny it!

No mistake, He has an instrument as a voice like so few do.

Listening to solo singers practice for church with my mother the organist/choir director in the living room. I've heard lots of tenors, one great. An alto soprano that was the literal "big" lady singing and several good duets. All for things like Christmas then the Easter cantatas. Handel and the like back in the 70s.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Don't deny it!

No mistake, He has an instrument as a voice like so few do.

Listening to solo singers practice for church with my mother the organist/choir director in the living room. I've heard lots of tenors, one great. An alto soprano that was the literal "big" lady singing and several good duets. All for things like Christmas then the Easter cantatas. Handel and the like back in the 70s.

Porter grew up in Bakersfield. As a child, he sang gospel with his mother in church. His early influences also included soul and rhythm and blues. He named Nat King Cole, Leon Thomas and Nina Simone as role models.

• Like 3

On 10/20/2022 at 2:05 AM, sunburnwilly said:

Good to see you posting Tony . Still remember hanging out and having my guts turned inside out from your set up 👍

Couldn't care less about lossless audio it's all about content , drive and near field for me right now . 

If I post something here I'm into it and listening to it at the time . 

This tune isn't that great but the hook get's me going !

Hey Brother!  Good to hear from you.  The Danley's are still going strong.  Better than ever in fact.  I've EQ'd them much better these days.

• Like 4

On 10/20/2022 at 1:25 AM, JohnJ said:

With the rig I've set up in my "purgatory" it isn't as bad as you might assume.

Not like your KHorns :rolleyes: though @tragusa3 !!

Digital out to a mid range DAC, 100w/8ohms monos, baby Klipsch set up well with corners and an SVS sub from 46 down to 18hz.

Modern motherboards can put out some good sound! When I had to rebuild at the first of the year I got an Asus Crosshair 8 Dark Hero mb that is the basis for my sound. Rest is in my sig.

Better would be my stereo streaming with it's CXN through Heritage, but that's not set up now.

And yeah DACs can be opulently offensive dollar wise also.

Like >$5k from what I gathered from the Aqua site. They make Italian exotic DACs!

PXL-20221019-225731287.jpg

PXL-20221019-225748794.jpg

PXL-20221019-225856936.jpg

PXL-20221019-225915447.jpg

great gear for a complete digital set up

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1