YouTube Spinning

Full Range

Air Blower is so cool!  Great jazz timing.  Very even bars and transitions.  Then, there's that slightly less-audible instrument that goes, "woogie woogie" in the background.  That's pretty funky! 

Now up is Scatterbrain.  I always loved the driving drum groove.    What great licks on the high-hats.  The drums make this song!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

Yes he was great. Wish I had more of his with me. It's all on stored vinyl:mellow2:

In the late 80's through the 90's, I had this on cassette and listened to it A LOT.  It's been a long time since I listened to it like this.  Maybe 20+ years.  Now, I remember why I listened to it so much.  

I didn't have any other of his work, although I am sure I would know some of it.  I need to listen to Wired, etc. to see.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

Great LP to test a new sub with:emotion-21:

I don't have a sub, but I'm going to check it out.  I'm actually getting ready to take out of here and go watch an Eagles tribute band play near me.  I rarely go watch any live shows anymore, but I got an offer to go with my niece, her husband and her dad.  They had a few extra tickets.  All I have to do is pay for my food and enjoy the evening!  And it's only 5 minutes from me.  🙂

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I'm actually getting ready to take out of here and go watch an Eagles tribute band play near me.

They were really good!  They had all the vocal parts down as well.  They played pretty much every great song by the Eagles, plus a few songs by members from their solo careers.  I can't think of a great song they missed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1