YouTube Spinning

Full Range

Dave Mallette turned me on to Conlon Nancarrow, a brilliant man who did crazy stuff with player pianos. He changed tempos and keys, all kinds of weird stuff. This is an arrangement of one of his pieces performed by a sextet. I am pretty sure any out of sync video is due to using multiple cell phones for the video. It's really hard to get everything lined up.

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Dave Mallette turned me on to Conlon Nancarrow, a brilliant man who did crazy stuff with player pianos. He changed tempos and keys, all kinds of weird stuff. This is an arrangement of one of his pieces performed by a sextet. I am pretty sure any out of sync video is due to using multiple cell phones for the video. It's relly hard to get everything lined up.

Zach got me a copy of their version of Brian Eno’s Music For Airports.

Its really great.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Invidiosulus said:

Zach got me a copy of their version of Brian Eno’s Music For Airports.

Its really great.

Eno does some great stuff.  He can find a groove and go!  lol  Now I'm gonna have to dig & see what I have.  Guess that's under "E" somewhere.  lol  I'm currently on a hunt for a Stevie Wonder lp.  Driving me insane cause I'm seeing everything BUT that lp.  Ugn.  lol

• Like 3

On 2/22/2023 at 9:24 PM, JohnJ said:

OK, that record got to me. Not often that I get into the funk... so here goes

Yeah, I hear you. I grew up w/ Songs in the Key of Life. One of my mom's favorites. I will get it again but need to slow down. I have some vinyl on the way. 

• Like 2

OK @Dave1291 glad you're finally out of the woods with your injury!

Doctors have gotten scary recently!

Searched for toe song at youtube, Zac Brown's came up. A SNL skit :lol: with Chris Rock and others from long ago, and this.

New wave ethereal or "trippin" type stuff. Vocals similar to Concrete Blonde's except male. Lyrics fit more with an old HG Wells story.

Didn't hear anything else by them that I'd listen to.

• Haha 1

@AndreG. remember Journey? Pop music with searing guitar work. Neil Schon was their guitarist. Hagar is the H.

Only one lp out, mine is a Quiex II pressing. Very clean, quiet background on this record.

These guys do a helluva job on "Whiter Shade of Pale"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3