YouTube Spinning

Full Range

Great group!  Have most of theirs but the one guy who stood out to me?  Russ Ballard.

From '84.  Don't have a pic of the lp loaded but it's here and cherished...  :)  Crank it up!  

Miami Vice flashback???  lol

Ya had a choice...  Dallas & Who shot JR lol or Miami Vice on Friday nights...  Sure ya did...  Action and good tunes...  NOW take a peek back to the 80's and look at the groups who

emerged from this series.   Gomer Surprise Gomer GIF - Gomer Surprise Gomer Gomer Pyle GIFs

:)

• Like 4

WAIT!  Don't ferget this dude cause I know ya already love the song...  It wasn't the Eagles it was Glenn Frey's baby!

"Smuggler's Blues" is a song written by Glenn Frey and Jack Tempchin, and performed by Frey. It was the third and final single from Frey's second studio album, The Allnighter (1984). It followed "Sexy Girl" and "The Allnighter"; of the three, it charted highest. Its music video won Frey an MTV Video Music Award in 1985.

The 16th episode of Miami Vice is named after the song, which was incorporated into the episode.[1] Frey played an airplane pilot in the episode.[2]

Now I wanna know WHO shot JR???   😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/25/2023 at 3:35 PM, JohnJ said:

@AndreG. remember Journey? Pop music with searing guitar work. Neil Schon was their guitarist. Hagar is the H.

Only one lp out, mine is a Quiex II pressing. Very clean, quiet background on this record.

These guys do a helluva job on "Whiter Shade of Pale"

Santana With Neal Schon In Germany In 1971

image.png.5998162a885e24fa13f3ad95e901ef72.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

That's a blast from the past @Full Range !

This one.. to me sound like early Zeppelin when the singing starts they were on "The Electric Lunch" often on that radio station I mentioned in your other thread a minute ago!

Yes a very underrated band that had very little radio time to promote them 

Still members went on to other great bands like Mott The Hoople and Foreigner 

• Like 2

I've always liked the early Paul Simon songs. He rewrote a couple lines for Rhiannon Giddens on his American Tune (a melody he took from Bach... who took from someone else). The arrangement is different here, although the melody is the same. Rhiannon Giddens has done opera, folk music, banjo, and is getting a great reputation. The recording is exceptional.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1