YouTube Spinning

Full Range

This is now available for a pre-order on Clapton's website.  Just picked up 2 for about $25 for delivery mid-July.  They got together just prior to Jeff Beck's death and cranked this one out together.  Great friends in the Yardbirds from '67 and then Jeff went his own way as did EC.   

Might want to check this rendition of "I got the same old blues" with EC, Mark Knopfler, Phil Collins on drums and THEE best percussionist on the planet Raymond Cooper.  The human metronome.  Watch him go!   A great watch!  :)

SRV w/a lil "Let me love you" from 1989's "In Step" album.  Gonna get ya!  :)

Hey @KROCK look what I found.  Just for you!  The ENTIRE "Pieces of Treasure" LP that just arrived!  Yea, Rickie Lee Jones is still hangin in there like a rusty fish hook.  "The Duchess of Coolville" has got the pipes just like the rest of your harem!  Let it ride brother you need a break!  Enjoy     :)

Hope ya all enjoyed.  Great way to throw down that coffee on a rainy Saturday morning here in Duckburg.  :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@AndreG. first pop version of that rock ballad I've heard. Not bad except for the lack of the good guitar work that was in the original!

@Dave1291 Rickie Lee!! haven't heard her in so long I'd forgotten. Thanks!

I've had Bob on today... remember being out on a date and at the end of it driving back having one of his come on the radio? Or if it was the night they played whole album sides at a time? Yep that was the Q! The Album Station.

There were some quiet spots in the city!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Problem @AndreG.?  Break out the gold card brother and GO!   :)

Oh come on Dave, be a nicer buddy and lend me Your´s!! You know as well as I do: It´s always easier (and better) to spend the dough of others. 🤩

• Haha 3

Bob Seger huh?  I remember Bob playing one of the big bars close to Ohio State's campus back in the early 70's.  They'd slip down from Michigan at least once or twice a month to play.  A good friend of mine Mark Chatfield who played with Cbus bands "The Godz and Rosie" was standing there with me after one of the shows talking to Bob and told him that some day he was gonna play with him.  Mark jumped in with both feet, nailed the job in 83 and spent his life playing w/Bob.  Crazy but true. 

Another Forum member finished off his sammich when Bob asked if he wanted it.  So he finished it off for him.  That's Bob, a true starving artist, judging you as a person when he offered it.  Few other stories too.  😂  Might just have to throw a couple "Godz" then some "Rosie" on for ya over in VRS.  Hmmmm, now I'll nose and see if there's any old shows on youtube.  They were good!  I'm a bit partial though.    😂

• Thanks 3

This one's not like the other ones!

Now is the time - was there ever any other?
Looking back at all we’ve wasted - one good thing that we’ve discovered
It’s time to make up for all you’ve lost - years and friends that you can’t get back
These things are gone forever- but memories never die

There’s nothing stopping you now- there probably never was
You just had to get around - some things - same as it ever was
Takes all the strength inside you - just to make it through some days
You’ve got to own your scars - turn them into wings

Sing what you have to say - sing it like you have no choice
Play what you want to play - play it loud with your own voice

From the top of the mountain that you climbed
Let your song and your spirit fly
Like eagles and angels and ancient melodies
Let it sanctify your soul-like the first time that you heard rock and roll

Sing what you have to say - sing it like you have no choice