Preamp suggestions for MC2505

SLM98121

New guy here. I’m hoping to get some recommendations from the folks here.

My current system consists of the following:

Kenwood KA 9100 Integrated/matching tuner

Empire 398 Turntable

Sansui SR 838 Turntable

Cambridge CD Player

Heresy I’s with updated crossovers

My listening habits are 90% or more vinyl. I’ve been using the 9100 for many years. I’ve found the phono section on this model to be quite good for the era and class of equipment, and as a bonus it is equipped with two phono line ins (both mm). I’ve explored a few external phono stages, all less than $1,000, both tube and ss and while some of them were enjoyable, I’ve always come back to the built in phono stage in the amp. On a whim, I picked up a Mcintosh MC 2505, very clean and operational, and soon to be back in my hands after a local tech has gone thru it. My question here is what would be some recommendations for a nice preamp to match with this and pair up with the Heresy’s?

Requirements for a preamp:

Must contain phono stage-

Less than $1500 or so

Tube or SS

MAC preamps from the era, say C26-28, while they match the amp, not sure I want to limit myself to only those. As I am keen on the phono stage of the pre, from reading it sounds like some later MAC models offer improvements on the phono stage over earlier models. At the same time I don’t want to limit myself to only MAC.

My listening tastes are Jazz, World, Latin, Classic Rock…. Most of the music we listen to involves horns.

So what should I be considering here? Who else is a vinyl junkie, using Heresy’s and MC2505 and what preamp is the cat’s meow for that combo?

While I pursue a preamp I will be using the 9100 preamp with the Mac and give that a whirl for the time being.

Thanks