Best wiring configuration for AWR-650-SM to Sonos Amp

kjchamberlin

New to Fourm, have a question for the experts...  

I just purchased 2 of the (rocks) AWR-650-SM and the Sonos AMP to power them.  The Sonos Amp (125w x2) has the ability to output in stereo or Dual Mono.

I'm looking for the best way to wire them as there are multiple ways I've come across in my search. The Rocks are capable of 2 Channel wiring (4 wires from speaker)  I'm Specifically looking to configure them as playing both left and right channels as installed locations are not ideal for setting up as a stereo pair.

Which option is ideal: 

Option 1: Use 12/2 speaker wire to each Rock, setting the Sonos Amp to Dual Mono.  (Amp output to 2 speakers at 4 ohms each?)

Option 2: Use 12/4 speaker wire to each Rock, setting the Sonos Amp to Stereo.        (Amp output to 4 speakers at 8 ohms each?)

Thanks in Advance!

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, DamienG888 said:

Hi I've got the same setup Sonos amp and 2 x AWR-650-SM, when I connect the speakers directly to the amp I've getting very little sound, just through the tweeter, what am I doing wrong

From memory as I don't have one in front of me now, but I think there is a fixed volume and variable setting on the Sonos settings. I actually use a connect (port) not an amp to run my Sonos/Klipsch outdoor combo, but think the Connect/Connect Amp/Port/Amp from Sonos all work the same.

How ever yours is set fixed vs variable try the other.