Fair price for Forte ii's in very good to excellent condition.

Scott Shular

26 minutes ago, Scott Shular said:

Thanks Alexander, are you suggesting recapping the xover or the Crites upgrade.?

That would depend on your soldering skills, doing it yourself is cheaper of course.

On the Quartets one of the caps is a wee bit tricking to get to, just pull one of the xovers out and look at it. On the chance you do not know – take the screws out of the terminal cup on the back - the xover is on the back of it. You should be able to look without having to disconnecting any of the internal wiring.

here is a early forte II for an example, sorry no Quartet pics

f2xo.jpg

1 hour ago, Scott Shular said:

Hello all, just wanted to update you and thank everyone for their input, it was all appreciated even if it’s not the path I took.

I was about to head out this morning 1.5 hrs to get the Q’s for $650 I had talked about previously. 
That seller had responded to a CL wtb ad I listed several weeks ago.
Well I had also put an ad on the Nextdoor app which I didn’t expect much from (most posts are complaints or people who ‘saw a fox in their yard’)  Yesterday a gentleman reached out within 5 miles of me describing how he had a pair of Klipsch he wasn’t using in the basement, he thought they were Chorus ii’s, we talk and he says he’ll take $500 after a little research (I was super excited but wait...)   After a little persuading I got him to let me see them yesterday as I had plans to drive 1.5hrs today (Saturday). So I get over there and the speakers are set up and I immediately think...those aren’t 39” tall.  I look closer and they are Quartets.  Look like they just came out if the box.  So we listen and chat and $300 later I own my first pair of Klipsch (boxes and all)

This gentlemen was super happy to move them out. He by the way had one hell of a system with Benchmark Media amp/DAC and Salk towers.  He knew what he was doing in the streaming world and I was impressed. Really good dude.
So thanks for the input, who’s knows I may be at some point searching for those Chorus’

but for now I’m happy (wife is happy!) and the titanium diaphragms are already ordered, perhaps I’ll do the crossovers too!

Great!  But, was there a fox in his yard?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Alexander said:

That would depend on your soldering skills, doing it yourself is cheaper of course.

On the Quartets one of the caps is a wee bit tricking to get to, just pull one of the xovers out and look at it. On the chance you do not know – take the screws out of the terminal cup on the back - the xover is on the back of it. You should be able to look without having to disconnecting any of the internal wiring.

here is a early forte II for an example, sorry no Quartet pics

f2xo.jpg

Oh I’m good for soldering.  Was just inquiring about a ‘recap’ vs a ‘Crites upgrade crossover’

11 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Great!  But, was there a fox in his yard?

more than likely , the seller was the original owner , and it doesnt get better than that --

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Scott Shular said:

Oh I’m good for soldering.  Was just inquiring about a ‘recap’ vs a ‘Crites upgrade crossover’

they sound good , leave them be

are you replacing the diaphragms , of your tweeters or mids with Titanium units tx

There would be little if any gains with the Crites xover compared to a quality recap. The Crites is nothing more than a build based off of the OEM schematic. With that said the inductors he uses are a better quality than OEM – but the OEM rarely need replacing.

So really it comes down to cost & convenience, the Crites are a plug&play deal.