Surround speakers advise

Erickov

Hi,

I’m expending/replacing my old speakers for new ones. So far I have the rp-8000f and the rp-500c as center speaker. Now, I’m looking for surround speakers, but my living room is not ideal. I’m having doubts between the rp-500m and the rp-402 or 502s (mounting them in back wall?)

I’ve enclosed pictures of my back side living room. As you can see, the couch is also against the wall. Living room pics

anybody got some great advice what I should go for? Wide dispersion or narrow? Which speaker would work best?

thx!

Edited by Erickov
Picture link edited

24 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

Actually your room is ideal.  Go with either 402 or 502s on the sides aimed in. 

speaker-placement-5.1.jpg

Even with the couch right against the wall? Wouldn’t the 402 Be to close to the wall reflecting against it too much? 

8 hours ago, Erickov said:

Even with the couch right against the wall? Wouldn’t the 402 Be to close to the wall reflecting against it too much? 

No.   I have my RS-7s that way and they sound fantastic. 

2 hours ago, willland said:

He has no side walls to mount the surrounds.  

But he could use mounts this way.

MI-SB35_5_zoom.jpg

Bill

Stands on the side.  That's what I do and they work great. 

Thx guys! I’ll go with the 402s then? Think these are big enough for the room I have. I can place them on either the “couch” wall or place them next to me on stands. Either way, I can’t go wrong with these bi-polar speakers from what I can tell from your replies. 

I use these:

https://www.amazon.com/Atlantic-77335799-Speaker-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B007P8DKDE/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?dchild=1&keywords=tall+speaker+stands&qid=1588467928&sprefix=tall+speaker&sr=8-11

They're 30" tall.  You can find taller ones if you'd prefer that.  I just searched 'tall speaker stands' on Amazon when I was looking.  They're stable enough for me since I don't have kids to worry about knocking stuff over.  I like the wire management feature they have as well.