Recommendations on junction box for speaker cables

Arild

Hi,

I am currently running wires for my surround setup with a selection of Klipsch in-wall and in-ceiling speakers. All the cables are in-wall and end up just below my living room in the basement. From there, I will connect the cables to a shorter set of cables running along the basement ceiling and then up and through the wall behind my receiver.

An easy solution would be to connect each cable with electrical tape but I am looking for something a bit more refined. Do any of you have a recommendation for some sort of junction box I can use? Also, is there such a thing as an active junction box that will provide better signal quality?

Speaker -> Wire -> Junction Box -> Wire -> Receiver

Thanks for your help.

Arild

I’m not sure how your junction box will work, but if you want to gather wires together and protect them, automotive wiring loom is ideal.  It’s split plastic tubing that you slip over the wires, and it comes in several sizes and colours.  I’ve used black in a dark area, but now I usually use white, like for the surround speaker cables that run along the white baseboards in the living room.  It looks much tidier than 3 cables running along the edge of the carpet.

I found mine at an auto parts shop, but you can probably find it online as well.

Thanks Islander.

I am really just looking for a box with input/outputs so I can connect the speaker cables in my basement to a new set of cables running up to my living room. I know I can simply fuse the individual wires together one by one but I would like a cleaner setup. But looking into if auto parts shop have something I can use is a good idea.

Thanks.

Arild