Guns Guns Guns

NADman

2 hours ago, 000 said:

check out the end of the barrel of the gun of the man at the far left , is that legal in the USA ? 

Yes, but you have to pay $200 and wait at least 6 months for BG checks and approval. What cracks me up is there is NO SUCH THING as a "Silencer." It's a SUPPRESSOR that knocks down the sound from a 160+ Decibel peak, down to 130 db. While 30 db attenuation is the best they can do, 130 db is still hearing damage loud. That's why it cracks me up when I watch hollywood movies and assassins 45's with suppressors sound like an Ant's Fart...............totally unrealistic and they the sheer IGNORANCE of firearms is pervasive among government officials and the media.

So now 1,500 firearms in Canada and their owners are paying the price for what, less than .01% of firearm deaths from these Rifles? This is till 1/3 the amount of PER CAPITA deaths in the USA. What a clueless AssHat this son of P.E.T. is!!  I'm Canadian American and I don't approve of all the leftist BS this man is doing. But the women all think he's cute though.

BTW, the picture of all the Michigan guys with guns represents a very small percentage of the people of all ages, races, etc. that protested. Besides, fact is, they are not allowed to bring CONCEALED weapons into the Michigan Government Buildings, so they had to bring their rifles, just in case they'd have to defend themselves (but wouldn't need to use them except for intimidation factor), which ARE legal under the open carry law (which is stupid to begin with).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Duh!  lol

no disrespect  intended ,  at all Dave , but it makes sense to me  that someone cannot conceal his identity and carry a firearm  if he has a permit , how could you tell a robber from a law abiding citizen ---------and if there is shootout ,  how could you tell the good or the bad guy -------

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Yes, but you have to pay $200 and wait at least 6 months for BG checks and approval. What cracks me up is there is NO SUCH THING as a "Silencer." It's a SUPPRESSOR that knocks down the sound from a 160+ Decibel peak, down to 130 db. While 30 db attenuation is the best they can do, 130 db is still hearing damage loud. That's why it cracks me up when I watch hollywood movies and assassins 45's with suppressors sound like an Ant's Fart...............totally unrealistic and they the sheer IGNORANCE of firearms is pervasive among government officials and the media.

So now 1,500 firearms in Canada and their owners are paying the price for what, less than .01% of firearm deaths from these Rifles? This is till 1/3 the amount of PER CAPITA deaths in the USA. What a clueless AssHat this son of P.E.T. is!!  I'm Canadian American and I don't approve of all the leftist BS this man is doing. But the women all think he's cute though.

BTW, the picture of all the Michigan guys with guns represents a very small percentage of the people of all ages, races, etc. that protested. Besides, fact is, they are not allowed to bring CONCEALED weapons into the Michigan Government Buildings, so they had to bring their rifles, just in case they'd have to defend themselves (but wouldn't need to use them except for intimidation factor), which ARE legal under the open carry law (which is stupid to begin with).

Well there is such a thing as a silencer. Suppressor was what I was trying to think of earlier...

Sorry about that...

25 minutes ago, billybob said:

Handgun for home?

They have a stupid 10 round/magazine restriction on Semi Auto Handguns. BUT a "Baby Glock" 26, which holds 10 round is also ILLEGAL because the barrel is shorter than 105mm, so you have to have a Glock 17, which hold 17 in the mag. BUT since the mags are illegal, Glock makes a 10 round "crippled magazine" which fills in the spot that the extra Seven 9mm cartridges would go with black plastic. Totally stupid in the real world because all a shooter has to do is just bring more magazines which can be swapped in less than 2 seconds.

Frikkin' ignorant politician.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 000 said:

no disrespect  intended ,  at all Dave , but it makes sense to me  that someone cannot conceal his identity and carry a firearm  if he has a permit , how could you tell a robber from a law abiding citizen ---------and if there is shootout ,  how could you tell the good or the bad guy -------

The good guy will never show his concealed firearm, only the bad guy would.

• Like 1

Just now, ClaudeJ1 said:

They have a stupid 10 round/magazine restriction on Semi Auto Handguns. BUT a "Baby Glock" 26, which holds 10 round is also ILLEGAL because the barrel is shorter than 105mm, so you have to have a Glock 17, which hold 17 in the mag. BUT since the mags are illegal, Glock makes a 10 round "crippled magazine" which fills in the spot that the extra Seven 9mm cartridges would go with black plastic. Totally stupid in the real world because all a shooter has to do is just bring more magazines which can be swapped in less than 2 seconds.

Frikkin' ignorant politician.

Yes, unrealistic. Was talking Canada and handguns.

Alright thanks!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, billybob said:

Well there is such a thing as a silencer. Suppressor was what I was trying to think of earlier...

Sorry about that...

It's a common WRONG WORD, there not such thing as SILENCE when a gun is fired, unless it's a short 22 caliber to hunt rabbits. Even then it's not silent.

• Like 1

Does anybody have a reasonable argument about why a private citizen should have a military style weapon ? Who uses an AK for hunting ? It's all about compensating for a shortcoming and of course FREEDOM .

I own a hand cannon and it vacations with me but otherwise it's strictly for home defense .

41LkmLTTcSg6lUE6LCBA.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, billybob said:

Sorry about that...

Any kind of silencer is illegal -----in NYS------In 42 of 50 states, it is legal to own a silencer for your firearm. New York is not one of those states. In New York, their sale or possession is illegal. ... A silencer, suppressor, or sound moderator is a device that can reduce the sound intensity, muzzle flash and recoil when a firearm is discharged.

• Like 3

Just now, ClaudeJ1 said:

It's a common WRONG WORD, there not such thing as SILENCE when a gun is fired, unless it's a short 22 caliber to hunt rabbits. Even then it's not silent.

Preferred method of hitmen.22 caliber with silencer. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Agree.  Did ya see the pic @ the Michigan State Capital building back there though.  It's not in every state.  Law here in Ohio though.

Yes , I did ,  they had enough firepower and clips to start WW3  ------

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In the military this was discussed at length when the NRA wanted to start selling their AR-15's to the public after Nam and the bill was before Congress.  That was in the early 70"s.  We all agreed that someday it would be totally out of hand with the public.  You used to be able to do a lil work on an AR-15 early in the build to go from semi to fully automatic.  That stopped the run cold until the problem was corrected.  Now ya can't modify it.  Then it was the bump stock.  Heck there a guy here with a Federal license that wants to buy a 50 cal machine gun.  Has to be approved by the Sheriff who's comment is why would I want to take a chance on putting my men up against a 50 cal.  Next up for grabs would be a 105mm Howitizer and some bee hive rounds.  I don't mind when someone carries anything but be sane with it cause my eye is always on you.  I'm like a cop w/my back against the wall in a corner when I eat out anywhere now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 000 said:

Yes , I did ,  they had enough firepower and clips to start WW3  ------

They were just showing off. Not something I approve of, like those kids in Dearborn who show up open carrying AR-15's in a police station to prove they could exercise their legal rights. Cops, more so than most people are afraid to get shot and freaked out a bit about it. Stupid youngsters who are also most of the criminals, age wise.

1 minute ago, Dave1290 said:

In the military this was discussed at length when the NRA wanted to start selling their AR-15's to the public after Nam and the bill was before Congress.  That was in the early 70"s.  We all agreed that someday it would be totally out of hand with the public.  You used to be able to do a lil work on an AR-15 early in the build to go from semi to fully automatic.  That stopped the run cold until the problem was corrected.  Now ya can't modify it.  Then it was the bump stock.  Heck there a guy here with a Federal license that wants to buy a 50 cal machine gun.  Has to be approved by the Sheriff who's comment is why would I want to take a chance on putting my men up against a 50 cal.  Next up for grabs would be a 105mm Howitizer and some bee hive rounds.  I don't mind when someone carries anything but be sane with it cause my eye is always on you.  I'm like a cop w/my back against the wall in a corner when I eat out anywhere now.

Can't blame you for doing that. You can't be too careful when you life is the final thing. Just remember there was a time in history where people could own canons (not the cameras). Most people who own 50 cal don't fire them very often, since the rounds are so expensive. Much like Million Dollar Ferrari owners can't drive 250 miles per hour anywhere but a rental race track.track.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, sunburnwilly said:

military style weapon

It's only STYLE, not function. Still only one shot per trigger pull, like any rifle. ALL gun laws are unconstitutional as far as I'm concerned, but there is MONEY in licensing, dontcha know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, sunburnwilly said:

learned the process in basic at Ft Benning

Well after a few tries, you realize it may be cool, but at 60 cents a round, you find it stupid. Besides all Full Autos are illegal and only the ILLEGAL Gun Owners who do NOT register them have them to commit whatever their evil minds can come up with. Unless they are in a State and the Full Autos are grandfathered in, or someone is a cop.

Again, Trudeau is punishing the good guys and it won't make one damn bit of difference when someone want to commit murder. Bombs are much more effective or high speed vehicles too. How many times has this been proven in the USA, but these politicians never look at statistics and facts. I'll bet his security guards are armed though. Besides, overall Canadians have a well earned reputation for being nicer people than Americans, since their per capita murder rate is 1/3 that of the USA. They also don't have the gangs and racial problems of the big cities of the USA.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

It's only STYLE, not function. Still only one shot per trigger pull, like any rifle. ALL gun laws are unconstitutional as far as I'm concerned, but there is MONEY in licensing, dontcha know.

How about no more than a 5 shot clip ? Why would you need more ?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, sunburnwilly said:

How about no more than a 5 shot clip ? Why would you need more ?

Same reason I use 64 Gig cards in my cameras for either more stills (semi auto) or Video (full auto at 30 frames per second). I like the options and the States should NOT have rights to make ANY Laws restricting such.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1