Guns Guns Guns

NADman

12 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Silencers are 100% Legal in the USA, requires a tax stamp, $200 I think and an FBI background check and sub sonic rounds. A silencer quiets the expanding gasses of the round fired but can't do anything to the sonic crack of the bullet if it is over the speed of sound, arround 1160 feet per second.

Roger

Thanks!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 000 said:

you can't stop smuggling , it's on the super rise  in ONTARIO  , the Bill does have positive aspects for sure in gun reduction , but that drives the market of illegal guns underground even more -------

While it may be impossible to totally eliminate smuggling, that’s no reason to just give up and stop trying.  Each gun stopped at the border may be a life saved, because they’re being bought by gang members who intend to kill people.

On second thought, maybe those illegally imported and owned handguns do save lives, like when gang members brandish them to intimidate members of other gangs.  Of course the members of the second gang could just return with bigger weapons to brandish at the members of the first gang, like it’s a street gang arms race.  That doesn’t sound like it would end well, so let’s keep trying to stop guns from being sneaked into Canada.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ray_pierrewit said:

I was alluding to exactly this in my earlier posts, but I loath to think that the only solution is for law abiding citizens to arm themselves. Sigh.

if somebody enters  your home while armed with a gun , and you have kids  , you'd better own a gun , what about the shooting in the Maritimes last week , had someone  who got shot owned a gun , they would have shot the killer before he Killed so many others , instead , he  went on a killing rampage and the Officer who stopped him by using her car to ram him was shot dead as she could not get out of her car ----

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Islander said:

While it may be impossible to totally eliminate smuggling, that’s no reason to just give up and stop trying.  Each gun stopped at the border may be a life saved, because they’re being bought by gang members who intend to kill people.

people in Canada should have the right to own a gun for self -defense ---and it does not have to be a semi-automatic

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

Does anybody have a reasonable argument about why a private citizen should have a military style weapon ? Who uses an AK for hunting ? It's all about compensating for a shortcoming and of course FREEDOM .

I own a hand cannon and it vacations with me but otherwise it's strictly for home defense .

41LkmLTTcSg6lUE6LCBA.jpg

First, the Tarus Judge is a bad joke sold to non gun people that don't understand Ballistics !!

Remington 12 gauge high brass 3 inch magnums only go about 1300 feet per second. A good pump BB gun goes 600 feet per second. Do you have any idea how SLOW a 3 inch .410 is out of that little stubby barrel? Do you think that will pernitrate a heavy coat in the winter time???

I hunt with an AR-15 and have  for years. If you think I am compensating for ANYTHING, you are mentally challenged. My AR-15 has a 24 inch stainless Varmit Bull Barrel, a competition trigger, custom accurizing work, a $1,000 6.5 to 20 power variable Leupold scope and I custom hand load for it. I use it for Coyotes and Ground Hogs. Some day  I hope to have an AR-10 custom chambered and accurized for deer and a Nemo Omen in .300 Win Mag for Elk and Moose. I already have two deer rifle in 7mm Rem Mag, one is a bolt action and one is a semi auto browning BAR.

It friggin amazes me when people who don't know shit about what they are discussing think the should be able to decide what I can have and what I should do on my farm.

We were using AR-15s on the farm in the early 1970s on wild dog packs that attacked the live stock. You could buy them at the gun store all day long for $200 after Vietnam...

Also, locally, a lot of local guys will get together 5 to 7 guys, all armed with AT's and AKs or SKS's. They will post two guys, one at each corner at the far end of the woods. The remaining 3 to 5 guys will slowly push through the woods to push out any Coyotes to the two guys out the other side. Both AR's, Ak's, and SKS's being used for hunting.

Roger

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, 000 said:

any tom dilck and harry can own 50 guns ------that's the problem

It's not a problem. Ask me how many speakers I own? What's the difference? I can own as many of whatever I want. Ask my ex girlfriend how many pairs of shoes she owns. Made in USA, China, Mexico, Japan, Malaysia, you can buy whatever you want and it's not any one else's BUSINESS, not even me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

About that some who believe that only police shout have stuff?? 

Police have guns to protect THEMSELVES from criminals. Otherwise they just show up and take a report of who's dead.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

First, the Tarus Judge is a bad joke sold to non gun people that don't understand Ballistics !!

Remington 12 gauge high brass 3 inch magnums only go about 1300 feet per second. A good pump BB gun goes 600 feet per second. Do you have any idea how SLOW a 3 inch .410 is out of that little stibby barrel? Do you think that will pernitrate aa heavy coat in the winter time???

I hunt with an AR-15 and have  for years. If you think I am compensating for ANYTHING, you are mentally challenged. My AR-15 has a 24 inch stainless Varmit Bull Barrel, a competition trigger, custom accurizing work, a $1,000 6.5 to 20 power variable Leupold scope and I custom hand load for it. I use it for Coyotes and Ground Hogs. Some day  I hope to have an AR-10 custom chambered and accurized for deer and a Nemo Omen in .300 Win Mag for Elk and Moose. I already have two deer rifle in 7mm Rem Mag, one is a bolt action and one is a semi auto browning BAR.

It friggin amazes me when people who don't know shit about what they are discussing think the should be able to decide what I can have and what I should do on my farm.

We were using AR-15s on the farm in the early 1970s on wild dog packs that attacked the live stock. You could buy them at the gun store all day long for $200 after Vietnam...

Roger

Amen Brother Roger. TELL IT!!!! An AR-15 is a GREAT, MODULAR tool!! Customizable accurate, and cheaper to manufacture with PRECISION and REPEATABILITY, which those of us in Engineering understand very well. Oh, yeah, and AR-10 is badass for hunting, although a bit heavy, like your TSCMS!!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 000 said:

look at their clothing

You may be confusing clips with magazines.  Both of them hold cartridges, but the magazine is the (often visible) part that attaches to the weapon, or may be built in, especially in some old carbines with tube magazines.  Shotguns of various eras, including the present day, can also use tube magazines.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Islander said:

You may be confusing clips with magazines.  Both of them hold cartridges, but the magazine is the (often visible) part that attaches to the weapon, or may be built in, especially in some old carbines.

yes , you are correct , I am French ------we say the word -chargeur ---

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Well after a few tries, you realize it may be cool, but at 60 cents a round, you find it stupid. Besides all Full Autos are illegal and only the ILLEGAL Gun Owners who do NOT register them have them to commit whatever their evil minds can come up with. Unless they are in a State and the Full Autos are grandfathered in, or someone is a cop.

Again, Trudeau is punishing the good guys and it won't make one damn bit of difference when someone want to commit murder. Bombs are much more effective or high speed vehicles too. How many times has this been proven in the USA, but these politicians never look at statistics and facts. I'll bet his security guards are armed though. Besides, overall Canadians have a well earned reputation for being nicer people than Americans, since their per capita murder rate is 1/3 that of the USA. They also don't have the gangs and racial problems of the big cities of the USA.

Claude,

Machine guns are NOT illegal Claude, all it takes is a FBI background check, a class 3 liscense and you had better have real deep pockets !!

Roger

2 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

Meh I own a handgun so perhaps I'm part of the problem . But high capacity magazines in something that only exists only to MURDER people is reprehensible .

Bull Shit !!

I own many high capacity magazines and I have never shot or robbed anyone !!

I can tell you have never hunted a ferule Dog Pack, Coyotes in abundance or ferule pigs. You ever seen what a ferule pig can do to a dog or a human? I guarantee you will want at least 30 rounds !!

Roger

My neighbors raised sheep and those feral dogs will kill for fun, not just because they are hungry. How many rounds you want in your Semi Auto if they were attacking your wife or your kid ???

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ray_pierrewit said:

Though I don't agree with you that Trudeau's ban "won't make one damn bit of difference", we can agree that it certainly doesn't get to the heart of the problem... the romanticizing and borderline fetichism of guns and gun violence, which is, sadly, so pervasive in American culture.

THAT is NOT the problem, lack of disciplining people when they are children in both the home and the schools is. We have raised entire generations that have not been taught consequences for their actions. 

Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Police have guns to protect THEMSELVES from criminals. Otherwise they just show up and take a report of who's dead.

I’ll remind my LEO son that should the two of you be in a situation where you are being threatened that he only protects himself, you’re on your own. But be sure, he carries a pen to get your name, you know, to report you dead — 

• Like 1