When size matters – what might be the best speaker choice?

I know this will be very subjective but there are many members here that have listened to a broad range of Klipsch speakers like Heresy, forte, Cornwall, LS and even Khorns just as a partial list.

So with that being said there are members that can not even consider something as large as CWs let alone the larger models due to footprint limitations.

So where are we going with this? Well it is a hope that some of you that have “been there done that” could reflect which of the sub 20” wide  footprint models might you move down from the larger models if space became an issue. We are not necessarily talking about actual room size but rather the amount of available wall space. Any of you willing to share your thoughts?

Well, the Heresy IV is a home run and not too big.  The bass goes just deep enough.  I've heard Forte IIIs and liked them, too.  They are a little more well rounded; the passive radiator adds deeper bass.  I think some of the RF series might be satisfying.  Give them all a listen,

Since you're focused on Heritage Series speakers, Forte's and Heresy's are hands-down favorites when it comes to smaller footprint speakers. Even though I'd love to have a pair of either, Cornwalls or LaScala's would be beasts against my 15' wide wall, and they would have to share space with an air conditioner and a patio door. The new improved ported Heresy is a diminutive powerhouse. The Forte's outperform the Heresy's yet still meet your criteria, and if your budget and space allows, get those first.

Well, if space is truly an issue I would consider the RP-8000F's.  Granted, they are not Heritage, but they just might fit the bill.  I have the older RP-280F's, and they are basically the same speaker as the 8000's.  I run them without a sub, which might be a consideration for you with floorspace limitation,  and they sound great.  I use them for 2 channel music listening, and I listen to a pretty wide range of music, but pretty much no opera or rap.  My 2 cents.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This may be one the best places to say that it’s LACK of size that matters. 

WAF* matters, as does the volume at which you will listen. Your musical preferences matter, too. Since you like Heritage era Klipsch, Heresies are a bit of a benchmark. WAF is usually good, but many here find its bass reproduction wanting. Solutions include better placement, a subwoofer, or a Heresy IV (i.e. another speaker).

* for newbies like me, WAF = Wife Approval Factor

Edited by Outrider 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Emile said:

Another vote for CF-3's (or the slightly larger CF-4's :D  Probably my favorite Klipsch speakers, excluding large Pro speakers.

Hi Emile --long time --------no read on this forum -have you been hiding in beautiful St-Petersburg Florida with al your great klipsch speakers

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all of your replies, currently have klf-30s & klf-c7 plus a pair of smallish Polk bookshelf's for rears when in HT mode. In 2-channel mode just the klf-30s are used. Though not used there is also a JBL es250p sub, but since the klf-30 woofers were replaces with Ciare hw321s it just isn't needed.

I had cut my Klipsch teeth on Quartet & forte IIs in the late 80s early 90s. Had listened to some of the kg-4.x/5.x & newer “rf-x” type stuff in the past and never really cared for it though admittedly it has been several years now.

In this post the actual room size was not the concern but rather the amount of usable wall space even though it can be a factor of course. But for general info it is ~16'x18' and the only wall option is 8.5' sharing a 65” TV. Sadly the real estate is a hard and fast one so we have to work within it.

Was just curious what members that were used to listening to CWs, LS and the like what they would consider going “down to” if there size was no longer an option.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alexander said:

just curious what members that were used to listening to CWs, LS and the like what they would consider going “down to” if there size was no longer an option.

any version of the  Heresy

On 5/2/2020 at 9:52 AM, Alexander said:

I know this will be very subjective but there are many members here that have listened to a broad range of Klipsch speakers like Heresy, forte, Cornwall, LS and even Khorns just as a partial list.

So with that being said there are members that can not even consider something as large as CWs let alone the larger models due to footprint limitations.

So where are we going with this? Well it is a hope that some of you that have “been there done that” could reflect which of the sub 20” wide  footprint models might you move down from the larger models if space became an issue. We are not necessarily talking about actual room size but rather the amount of available wall space. Any of you willing to share your thoughts?

I bought a small but superb little loudspeaker which has replaced my heavily modified H3. I plan to incorporate a number of small subs to provide extended deep bass response though these make impressive bass all on their own. These little Tannoy XT Mini eat up my H3 and the woofer is only 3.25" in diameter a true two way horn loaded Dual Concentric driver.

proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.shoplightspeed.com%2Fshops%2F607339%2Ffiles%2F17044430%2Ftannoy-revolution-xt-mini-bookshelf-speaker-each.jpg&sp=1589772688Te079d89eb15d1a0adeb2aa5c1500a4fabc44168c66f49b1aed9f9eb77995f2e9

• Like 1