HDtracks 20% OFF

Since the demise of The Pono Music Store, my primary source of Hi-Res downloads is HDtracks.  Apparently, they have made some changes to their site.  An email today directed me to a video by David Chesky explaining the changes.

I succumbed to temptation and downloaded Marsalis & Clapton play the blues. Although I haven’t yet listened to it, for $12.78, after 20% OFF, it’s hard to imagine I’ll be disappointed.  Owning music in this era of streaming becomes less and less important, but the convenience of sitting in the sweet spot using Pono to play albums or tracks in balanced mode makes owning some music worthwhile, especially during stay-at-home time.

If you’re at all interested in hi-res downloads, another HDtracks offering I recommend is  Nightbird by Eva Cassidy.  With 33 tracks, more than two hours of music, it’s worth every penny of $16.98–even before the 20% OFF.  

103251DA-7036-489B-9940-C771CFB2DC2C.jpeg.e88757614fdcde8c6930874cb6dec718.jpeg

85359BBF-7C33-42B0-973B-7F6B6A4C2EF6.jpeg

I guess I'm too old school (maybe just too old), but I could never see myself paying for music that isn't in a physical dimension. I'm not saying it doesn't sound good, or isn't worth it, just saying it's not me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kevinmi said:

I guess I'm too old school (maybe just too old), but I could never see myself paying for music that isn't in a physical dimension. I'm not saying it doesn't sound good, or isn't worth it, just saying it's not me.

I understand Kevin, but I feel the opposite.  The only physical media I want are 78s and LPs that don’t exist in any other format.  Even then, I digitize them ASAP and recycle the discs for more.  

BTW, the Marsalis & Clapton album is excellent.

OBTW, I believe I’m older than you.

• Haha 1

I think I've got you both beat age-wise Diz!  If it's not in my hand then it's not in my house.  As of late though I've been thunkin about streaming because I'm becoming even more worthless.  Up and down is becoming a pain in the rear but I still believe the end result is worth it.  :)

• Like 4

When all this pandemic stuff goes away, I'm planning on having the gang up for a MI Klipsch gathering, and hopefully you guys can show me the ins and outs of getting started with streaming(music, my prostate DR took care of the other streaming issue).

• Haha 2

On 5/7/2020 at 2:28 PM, kevinmi said:

my prostate DR took care of the other streaming issue

On 5/7/2020 at 3:57 PM, DizRotus said:

Sounds good.  We can wear gloves anyway.  😀

One after the other makes me suspicious...

• Like 3

On 5/7/2020 at 1:28 PM, kevinmi said:

When all this pandemic stuff goes away, I'm planning on having the gang up for a MI Klipsch gathering, and hopefully you guys can show me the ins and outs of getting started with streaming(music, my prostate DR took care of the other streaming issue).

👍

On 5/3/2020 at 1:24 PM, Dave1290 said:

If it's not in my hand then it's not in my house.  . . .  Up and down is becoming a pain in the rear but I still believe the end result is worth it.  :)

Still talkin’ about music?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1