Look What Arrived Yesterday

jcmusic

This arrived yesterday finally the hunt is over, this is my new to me 2014 Porsche Cayman S model. I have wanted a Porsche since I was a kid, I had talked myself into buying the new 2020 Corvette but, due to the demand and lack of building per the Corona Virus Chevy stopped production and stopped taking orders. I learned that they will only take orders now for the 2021 models, well I didn't want to wait until this time next year. So I started looking at Porsche's and with all this time on my hands because of the quarantine I found what I wanted, made a deal and had it shipped to my door!!!

Cayman 1st..jpg

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, richieb said:

Oh yeah - well I bought 10 pounds of fresh ground beef yesterday, so there —

used to go to this in downtown LA, down the street from the Staples Center ... was once a gas station and now they sell food. This guy is out there with a 50 gallon drum cut in half and is grilling up 1 pound burgers. Very tasty. That burger and pile of fries makes for one stuffed person. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, nitrofan said:

I'd choose the Porsche over the new vette also

6 hours ago, jcmusic said:

This arrived yesterday finally the hunt is over, this is my new to me 2014 Porsche Cayman S model. I have wanted a Porsche since I was a kid, I had talked myself into buying the new 2020 Corvette but, due to the demand and lack of building per the Corona Virus Chevy stopped production and stopped taking orders. I learned that they will only take orders now for the 2021 models, well I didn't want to wait until this time next year. So I started looking at Porsche's and with all this time on my hands because of the quarantine I found what I wanted, made a deal and had it shipped to my door!!!

looks like a 911 from the front ----------is the car manual

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 000 said:

looks like a 911 from the front ----------is the car manual

Yes it's a MT6 speed, I wouldn't own an automatic.... They do look like a 911 from certain angles, I thought about getting a 911 but, after driving the Cayman there was no going back. 

The balance the Cayman has is superior to the 911 because it's a mid engine chassis, the 911 has a rear motor quite a bit of difference....

• Like 1

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, yamahaSHO said:

Nice find.  I've considered one of those, but then I find myself considering many different cars and realize I don't know what I want. :)

I know exactly what I want, a model that will get me where I want to go, and can haul a fair amount of stuff because it's needed. Been though the sporty car thing for many years, got over it. (not that driving one is not fun) 

Apparently I have not hit the mid life crisis's thing yet, so at this rate I will need to live to 124 if I start it now. I don't know, Tarheel what's up with that midlife crisis stuff, or for you the 3/4 life crisis ? :lol:

13 minutes ago, dtel said:

I know exactly what I want, a model that will get me where I want to go, and can haul a fair amount of stuff because it's needed. Been though the sporty car thing for many years, got over it. (not that driving one is not fun) 

Apparently I have not hit the mid life crisis's thing yet, so at this rate I will need to live to 124 if I start it now. I don't know, Tarheel what's up with that midlife crisis stuff, or for you the 3/4 life crisis ? :lol:

Cars are kinda what I do. I play with a lot of them, just never know what I want. I have a few, but always get interested in a car like the OP just bought! 

• Like 3