R112sw power issue

Mason Ambery

I’ve got a three year old that keeps turning off and only turns back on after pulling the power cord.  I’m assuming it’s toast and needs to be replaced although I’m going to try and call support.  I’m assuming this isn’t an easy fix for someone who isn’t electrical knowledgeable.  I keep reading these subs are known for this issue so assuming it needs to be replaced, any other brands that sound good with klipsch speakers?  Also, what’s the beat way to get rid of the amp without it ending up in a dump?

if the amplifier is defective , you can either have it  repaired, it can't be that hard to fix , on the other hand , check the warranty , call Klipsch tech support ----and if all fails , you can re-route the wires ,  and run the sub , from an external amplifier effectively dumping the built in amplifier

If it's over 2yrs old it's out of warranty. My R112sw did the same thing when the power amplifier burned out. You can get a new updated Klipsch power amplifier #1061068 for about $215 with shipping, but minus tax . There's also a guy on here in the modification section that repairs these amplifiers. If  you want to go with a  stand alone, component amplifier. Imo that might be more reliable, but more expensive.    

• 2 weeks later...
If it's over 2yrs old it's out of warranty. My R112sw did the same thing when the power amplifier burned out. You can get a new updated Klipsch power amplifier #1061068 for about $215 with shipping, but minus tax . There's also a guy on here in the modification section that repairs these amplifiers. If  you want to go with a  stand alone, component amplifier. Imo that might be more reliable, but more expensive.    

My new 115amp was part 1061056 sent to me as soon as 9/2019. Older ones were part 1060701 from my records.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk