Heresy IV Review ( Z Reviews)

I have a SVS SB-3000 sub so I had already done one of his suggestions.  I like them on the floor, I tend not to walk around while listening critically. To each his own on his other suggestions of bi-amplification to even out the sound levels of the horns and 12" driver.

22 hours ago, rockhound said:

One of the guys I subscribe to on youtube gave a very honest and good review of the new Heresy IV. I wonder how many owners of the new IV have went active with their setup's?

Not really active, just bi-amplified with using built in crossovers.  Splitting hairs of course though.

The Heresy IV I recently acquired sound very good so far, although I don't think they are "broken in" quite yet, perhaps another 30-40 hours.  Also need to work on my placement and a couple of other small items, but I'll be happy to provide a brief review in a couple of weeks.  I am very interested to compare them with both tube amplification and solid state.  I purchased Jason's HK 730 specifically for these, but I'm ready to do a bit of experimentation in the new music space.

14 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

The Heresy IV I recently acquired sound very good so far, although I don't think they are "broken in" quite yet, perhaps another 30-40 hours.  Also need to work on my placement and a couple of other small items, but I'll be happy to provide a brief review in a couple of weeks.  I am very interested to compare them with both tube amplification and solid state.  I purchased Jason's HK 730 specifically for these, but I'm ready to do a bit of experimentation in the new music space.

Cool Jim these have my attention for sure. I'll be very curious how these compare to other Heresy models you have. I have my Supers paired with a H/K 430 and couldn't be happier. I see me selling a lot of stuff in the near future.

EXCRUCIATING!  Could not watch it all.  Not at all accurate.  Maybe he is mostly into dubstep or something else weird.  After having mine since January, all that talk about imbalance and the horns taking over at high volumes is blarney.  The H IVs are some of the most tightly integrated speakers I've ever listened to. 

Putting them on stands *will* require a subwoofer.  When placed as Klipsch suggests, they will adequately reproduce a low E from a bass (41.2 Hz), but not much below that.  However, for most music, that is all you need.  If you remove the room reinforcement, that bottom 1/2 octave or so would fade away. 

1 hour ago, JohnA said:

EXCRUCIATING!  Could not watch it all.  Not at all accurate.  Maybe he is mostly into dubstep or something else weird.  After having mine since January, all that talk about imbalance and the horns taking over at high volumes is blarney.  The H IVs are some of the most tightly integrated speakers I've ever listened to. 

Putting them on stands *will* require a subwoofer.  When placed as Klipsch suggests, they will adequately reproduce a low E from a bass (41.2 Hz), but not much below that.  However, for most music, that is all you need.  If you remove the room reinforcement, that bottom 1/2 octave or so would fade away. 

John, LOL yes he has a umm let's DIFFERENT way of doing videos I find some of it entertaining, some of it not so much and some of it I just have to turn off. I have watched several of his videos and they are all pretty much the same. Anyway I can say that for me hearing another positive review for the Heresy 4 from someone who I would expect to never like them much less replace what he has in his main system with them was surprising to me. This tells me what you and others that heard these in Hope earlier in the year have already said and that is these lil boxes are very very good. I can't wait to hear a pair.

Finally got some placement issues worked out and some room correction issues, but I think this is a pretty good set up. I don’t mind saying that the heresy fours sound phenomenal. Serious bass with great balance, I am impressed.  Really beautiful imaging and clarity.  Driving these with an MAC 4100. my only negative is purely cosmetic. I am not a fan of the black risers, I believe they detract from the overall look.  would love to see the risers perhaps at least offered in the matching veneer even at an extra cost.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DJEditor said:

I’ve had mine 5 days now and love them. I do run a sub because it was there already. They handle anything you play through them with precision. They look great too. 

You may be getting close to the broken in point.  The bass output changed quite a lot in the first 3 or 4 days, but I also fed them dub step and other heavy bass music at moderate volumes 24 hours a day for about 2 weeks.  Mostly had the bass knob maxxed, too.  I was surprised how much the low bass increased over that time. 

• Thanks 1

Im hoping Darko gets a shot at these. He likes the Forte III which he bought. Unlike Andrew the haircut he preferred the L100 to the Forte.

As Darko and I listen to most of the same music and share equal distaste for audiophile music I’d be curious to know his thoughts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JohnA said:

You may be getting close to the broken in point.  The bass output changed quite a lot in the first 3 or 4 days, but I also fed them dub step and other heavy bass music at moderate volumes 24 hours a day for about 2 weeks.  Mostly had the bass knob maxxed, too.  I was surprised how much the low bass increased over that time. 

I’ve been playing some Telarc recordings such as 1812 Overture and Grand Canyon Suite. The cannons and thunder SFX in those recordings will exercise the woofers.  It’s a tough job, but I’m up for it!

• Like 1